Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Windsor was nice

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a full day for which I am very thankful.  I left at 7 this morning but had two very nasty traffic jams that cost me an hour in all.  The home was beautiful, the people were very nice and the challenges this home presents are huge.  How to do the balancing act between reflecting all the upgrades and quality features with a market that is dropping like a stone, these people were ready, when I arrived they had doughnuts and coffee which I later took to a nearby park and enjoyed while I went over the comps.  I eventually shot photos of 13 properties before leaving town.  Then I located a Burger King and took one of those baby steps toward better health.  Instead of fries I had a side salad.  It tasted great and even the dressing was low calorie.

I had intended to drive to Bodega Bay and spend some time at the beach but once I was on the way I counted the time and realized I would not be back for Weight Watchers so turned back and came home, then back to the meeting.  Our usual leader was absent, I missed her, she is so outgoing and in spite of having a disease she is a fireball of leadership and fun.  However tonight I finally gathered enough courage to speak up.  In a meeting that has a ratio of 20 women to one man a man speaking up is somewhat unusual, anyway I did speak up a couple times.

My excellent book that was borrowed from the library ended on the way up today.  It really touched on a lot of values and important things along with having an excellent and interesting story.  I like the reader and I really like the main character, I've listened to dozens of books about him and never tire of hearing about the south and the word pictures James Burke creates.

I'm once again at that sad place of having no work, no new orders so far this week.  Tomorrow morning I'll write on things I've seen and then leave for another long day, driving back to the dentist for the last of the dental work, cleaning, crown and cavity filled.

This morning I heard from the family renting the motorhome as they were just getting on the road.  They called to ask how the central AC worked when you were driving.  Well the short answer is, it doesn't but the long answer is to start the generator, turn the roof AC on and then enjoy the cooling.  This turned out to be a very warm day to travel and hope all went well for them.

I received three more requests to rent the motorhome today. One was for Burning Man, I think that makes about 32 requests so far, one was for a time when its already rented but one may turn out to be possible, we will see.

I can tell you that I'm going to bed early tonight, the last couple nights have been late.  Last night I was still writing reports at midnight and then up at 6 this morning to prepare for the trip.  It was so warm last night that it was hard to sleep so I think I've venture up and turn the bedroom AC on to cool the room down.

I have lots of thoughts as I drive these long miles, gratitude for life, for friends, especially for family and the little ones.  I'm desperate to dump 75 pounds but I guess not desperate enough to really do anything serious about it.  While I don't lose sleep over the weight I still long to be able to move easily, to dump some of the many meds I take, mostly just due to the excess weight I carry.  This is not who I want to be!

Sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment