Friday, June 17, 2011

The uneven path I follow

Good evening
After a week with severe ups and downs at last its Friday night and for me with the Sabbath having arrived it came just in time.  Yes I'm very short on funds tonight but I have a roof over me which happens to be located on a nice lake, I have two cars in the garage, a motorhome which is living in Pinecrest this week with a family that is having a great time in it.  I'm pretty healthy, am much more able to exercise than in past years and have a world of family and friends out there.

This morning I debated and finally decided I could afford the time to take a bike ride.  I found where I could have the little computer tell me the temperature as I rode, I started at 76 and ended up on the levee at 82 for awhile but then it was cooler as I rode home, down to 79.  I reached 17 miles per hour once and averaged about 9 mph.  It was a nice way to clear up the mind, stretch the fingers that don't want to work and get the blood pumping.  Spin class is nice but actually out riding is fun too, the scenery is just not quite as nice!!

I worked for awhile doing research for the upcoming afternoon appointments.  In Orinda I found a high quality and beautiful home on 1/2 an acre with solar panels so strong that PG&E was buying back power this afternoon.  Last year he paid  a total of $46 to PG&E for the year so his investment in solar panels is paying off.  In 8 years it will pay for itself.  The home had beautiful cherry wood work and about 10 skylights that are all controlled by remote devices.  The window coverings are also powered and are a thing to behold.  The owner lost his wife a few years back and discovered love again and is very happy now.

After spending a couple hours in the beautiful Orinda area I fought traffic and ended up in Hayward.  My task was different there.  I was to trace the steps of an appraiser who in 2008 thought the subject was worth $425,000.  Now FDIC wants to know if it was really worth that or not.  Its quite a responsibility and of course for a very low fee.  This is the second one I've done and I enjoy the opportunity to learn new things and to be ask to apply what I know.

When I got home this evening I discovered 3 additional orders waiting, that makes about 5 that have come in today, very encouraging for the future and I'm deeply thankful, someone is watching over me as well as all the other children of the world.  Big task, big God.

Well since Ken has asked me to walk in the morning I need to head to bed. 

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment