Friday, June 10, 2011

A Busy Day

Dear Family and Friends,

Well this one has raced by rapidly.  I climbed out at 5 this morning so I could complete an appraisal that was promised today.  At 7 it was completed and I emailed it out.  Then it was time to load and roll.  I arrived at the Clarion Hotel in Modesto at 8:15, had some food provided by the seminar and then joined the others at small tables.  Our instructer turned out to be really terrific.  He was funny, organized, knowledgeable and mostly helpful.  I loved the day and he is considering moving to a small community near here.  There were 25 of us in the meeting and at $199 a piece the teacher did OK today.

We had lunch right on the hotel grounds and he was interesting to talk to.  I met another SDA appraiser who goes to a small church in Modesto, Parkwood.  He mentioned that it might be nice if I could preach there, well that sounds like an opportunity.

The material was mind blowing and all for the benefit of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.  They want to be able to mine info from our appraisal in a more uniform way so they are making us learn how to write our reports in a different way.  They think it will add about 30 minutes to a report over the hours we already spend writing one up.  Yet I know it is possible having been through the class.

After the class was over I met a friend from EHarmony for dinner.  I really enjoyed the evening and she is a fine lady.  I hope to see her again and perhaps go for a bike ride or a hike.  She loves both.  Since she is a teacher her schedule is less crowded during the summer months.  It was a pleasant experience to meet such a really quality person and learn more about each other.

Tomorrow morning I hope to take the girls to SS at least that is what I heard last so I plan to be there at 9 ready to whisk them away to learn bible stories and fellowship with their peers.  Then tomorrow afternoon Nikki and the girls are going to the cancer walk in Brentwood and have invited me to tag along.  That is always a wonderful event.

Outside a helicopter is circling around meaning someone is in trouble and they are searching for them, probably in the delta.  Sometimes they even land in the little park just up the street to take injured people to Walnut Creek.

So goes life tonight,

Sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment