Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dr. Clarke performs magic

Dear Family and Friends,
Finally the heat wave is subsiding for the day.  While I'm not sure just how hot it was I'm pretty sure it was hot.  I drove to Hollister today and arrived on time only to get an order from a new client, Street Links which I could not accept through the iphone.  Once inside the crew went right to work.  While having dental work is unpleasant I've never had better care.  Dr and assistant first deadened my jaw or gum or both, then put in the new crown, then replaced a filing that had fallen out and in between cleaned my teeth.  No lectures just pleasant conversation.  These are people who love life, love their work and do it in a quick and concise manner.  I was out in an hour and then drove home using Highway 5.  I arrived home in time to check the mail, no money, change into bike shorts and drive to Brentwood for spin class.  I did really well tonight and could keep up with most of the moves through the entire class.  Feels good to know what is going on and be able to do it.  Of course it is distracting having all those lovely ladies around but one has to sacrifice in a quest for better health!!
During the day two orders came in, one is for a Lodi review which pays an amazingly low $35 fee.  I can't believe it, hardly enough to log the order.  The other order was for a field review and that one will pay better.  First order from that company in a month and they used to order several a week.  Loan originations are down another 35% for the last month so there is very little work to do for all appraisers.
Today was the end of an era.  Steve came this morning and we switched van for civic.  He has the Civic in such good condition and of course there are no monthly payments, its paid for.  That represents another milestone along the path of putting ones life back together.  Nan loved her van and it served her perfectly during the final years of her life.  Now it will be used on a daily basis for the kiddos, for Nikki and for their family outings, how fitting.  But I was sad for a bit as it drove away.  Things change.
I've had a couple calls from my current motorhome renters.  Nothing serious and they are having a blast with the coach, tonight they are watching movies having already had dinner.  They are a family of 4 so having all the beds really works for them.
The bug performed perfectly today and it looks like another 50+ mpg tank of fuel so far which is nice.  Money is very tight right now as there are few checks out there to come in and unless new work which is COD like the little driveby I'm doing in the morning over in Antioch takes place my cashflow is backed up.

This morning I prayed for work and today some work did come in.  In addition I also filled out paperwork for two more management companies and shipped it out.

So for now I'm bidding each of you a good evening, I've included a shot of the sun setting over Willow Lake and I am very thankful for life, friends, family and my eternal Father in Heaven.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment