Saturday, June 18, 2011

Trying to catch my breath

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening someone is shooting fireworks into the sky, perhaps they can't read the warning that greet all visitors to Discovery Bay, you know the ones about fireworks being illegal.  Sounds like it might be a long night.

I woke this morning feeling so low on energy that I could hardly get up, then the 3 mile walk came very hard, I just dragged myself around, then I was super sleepy as I went to SS with the girls.  Keanna was Sylvia's only little person today so they were both glad they had gone to SS.

The girls do not always get along well, they are growing up and have certain ways of doing and seeing things and I really hate to see them do damage to each other but by the time we got to Tracy they were in make up mode and fine.  Kim had a nice Sabbath School and I'm sure Sylvia did as well.

This afternoon I've just been laying around, I made a baked potato and smothered it with some butter, salt and mushrooms, chopped up pieces of vege chicken, lots of good asparagus and some soy sauce.  It tasted great.

When I got home I checked the blood sugar level and that was high, pretty consistent with the range its been running for weeks, the blood pressure was fine once I put new batteries in the device.  There has been some great programing on the dish this afternoon and this evening I've enjoyed a couple Monk episodes.

Without sounding morose I'm more and more realizing that I forgotten what its like to have another adult around.  I spend so little time with adults, with anyone for that matter, I can only faintly remember what it was like to have Nan here all the time, sharing life, what a huge blessing that was, just to have someone who loves you share your life with you, your plans, your shopping, your meals, your trips.  There are some who seem to like being alone, I can't begin to understand how they find that life fulfilling and a joy but I accept them at their word but for me I enjoy togetherness.  So this life I lead is growing more and more difficult to endure and with the constant threat of financial ruin there is very little joy left.

This evening I took a stab at the lawnmower again.  The man in town sold me a new carburetor but once I got it all together a few minutes ago it did not start or even try to, my lawn is deep now and I've got to get it knocked down somehow.  I'll try the push mower again but I think its too high for that.  The guy wants a lot of money to fix my mower, that's why I purchased the carb from him but now it looks like I have to go back anyway to get him to make it work.  It will have to wait for money to come, there is none  at the moment.

Well I'm hoping for a good nights sleep, don't know how I can mess that up.

Tomorrow I walk with Ken at 7:30 and then wade into some serious appraisal work, at least two need to be completed tomorrow and God willing I will get them done.

Love to all

Tim

sunset this evening over Willow Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment