Thursday, June 9, 2011

The van goes to the car doctor

This is the way Kallie would put it.  I was there in Lodi this morning at 8:35 and they took the van right in.  There were two recalls, the power struts holding up the liftgate could fail allowing it to fall on someone, small seals in the brake master cylinder could fail.  I expected to be there all day but mid morning the guy found me and said they would be totally done by noon.  That was great news since I could not make the laptop link with their excellent wifi system, my phone linked in seconds but the laptop would never hook up, this is not the first time we've had trouble with it linking but its going to be the last time.  Its going to get fixed so it works correctly.  So my plans to write appraisals did not work out and at noon I paid the reasonable fee for the transmission service, the tire rotation and the all wheel alignment and headed back to the office.
I managed to fritter away the afternoon taking care of a lot of tasks that needed to be done and at 5 drove back to Stockton to see a property.  Now I'm home again and ready to go to bed.  I'll work a little more and then rest.  Tomorrow is a full day in Modesto listening to the same speaker drone on for 7.5 hours.  Yes I know we all have to have ongoing education but I'm not wild about it.
This morning I had a panic situation for a few minutes.  I got in an email from a family asking if they could pick up the motorhome on Monday, suddenly I thought, have I double booked the motorhome?  Yikes.  I finally found the phone number for the second party and he reminded me that he is renting in July, not June.  What a relief.
I'm listening to a great book right now as I travel.  Its about a troubled law man who lives in the south, the writing by james burke is graphic, dramatic and extremely picturesque.  You can just see the fog rise over the lake, see the rain in the dark trees, smell the wood smoke, feel the cold water of the mountain streams, really good stuff and he gets himself into terrible situations where it looks like he won't survive this round but comes out of it at the end.  I'm not suggesting these are ideal books for a church book club, they are gritty and at times vulgar, still there are lessons that come through about honesty, out character, about both the good of man and the bad side of man.
Well with that said I'll sign off for tonight.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment