Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sabbath evening

Dear Family and Friends,

Once again I'm in the recliner and resting up after Kallie has gone to her little bed for the night.  I picked her up about 6 and we drove home.  She changed the landscape of the family room, a room that Sylvia had carefully tidied up when she was here on Thursday, well now its not so tidy.  But it looks happy, Kallie plays well by herself, she creates little stories and then plays them through, we have the Barbie Jetplane open ready for passengers, mostly barbies, we have the little doll house, open for business, we have a mat on the floor with pillow, we have the little recliner for kiddos, the duck pond and on it goes.  Unwilling to eat I sort of tricked her.  I opened a huge new sack of vege straws they sell at CostCo and started munching, pretty soon she decided that she could have a few too and then more and more.  Then she asked for milk. 
Out of the blue she announced that it was time to go to sleep and we went up, she had me pull the trundle bed out and then did her own changing into her PJs.  Now she sleeps in the pink room, a room created for her.
I'm watching Pilgrim's Progress on the hope channel, a very old and interesting cartoon of the classic.  Sometimes I feel like I'm living it, all the detours that come up in life, to detract us from following Jesus and His plan, what ever that plan is.
Tomorrow morning I'll drive to Gilroy and inspect a property.  I'll also write up a couple reports and then once again I'm caught up, no new orders.  However I have the exquisite joy of Jury Duty on Monday.  Can you believe it, Jury Duty.  So that will waste Monday for sure.

Worship hour was nice today.  Our pastor has an excellent way of communicating and her points were on target.  Potluck was interesting and it was great to sit with Dick and Ron.  They've just come from a week of camping somewhere up in the mountains beyond Reno and had a super time.  I would have liked to be there but there is no way I could afford the fuel, the time, being beyond phone range for possible orders.  Just could not happen.

Well its time to remake the bed, the sheets are drying and the blanket is washing.  There comes a time to do some laundry and this evening Kallie helped me by handing me a hanger for each shirt I took from the dryer.  She was thrilled to be able to help and it was nice to have her smiling face enjoying something so ordinary as the laundry.  What a kid.

Jason and Jo with family are in a hotel in Salt Lake City tonight and on their way back home.  They left Denver today.  Of course I'll rest easier when I know my children are all back home safely.

So good night friend, family member,  love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment