Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a day

Some days are just better than others, sure it could not decide if it would rain, blow, shine but in spite of the strange spring weather this was a killer day. Starr and I jumped up this morning at 6:45 with some excitement, this was the day when I was to see the dentist again, now can you believe being excited about a medical or dental visit, well I was, nervous too really, I gag and I did not want to make a nut out of myself.
I worked at my desk and enjoyed a huge smoothie with blue berries and a very ripe banana with the special magic powder from Dolly.  Then at 10:45 I left for Hollister.  I set the cruise on the bug at 65 and was buffeted by the weather but had little traffic.  It takes a couple hours and I've kept the address of the doctor in the gps memory.  I pulled up to the minute at his office at 1:30 and was greeted by his happy staff. They were looking up Discovery Bay on their office computer and we chatted for a bit.  Then it was the short walk to the big chair.  He started in smiling and working quickly and calmly.  He ground and the machine whirred in my mouth, he took impressions and soon I was fitted with a temporary bridge, then he set to work on a front tooth that was chipped badly from a surgery done long ago, a surgery that was a total failure but my tooth suffered anyway.  With a few strokes he created a new corner on the tooth matching the color and now it looks much nicer.  He informed me that on the next visit he would do a cavity, install the crown, do a teeth cleaning and we would be in good shape.  I just feel so relieved to be doing something about this matter when I've feared it and dreaded the fact that my teeth might be getting worse while I waited for funds to do the work.  Now we have it handled and I've made a friend in Dr. Clarke.
I was out of his office before 2 pm and obeyed his warning not to do a bunch of munching right away.  I set the GPS for addresses in Tracy so I could complete the appraisal.  It took me to 152 and then 5 for an effortless trip to Tracy.  Along the way I noticed diesel for $4.09 so I stopped to top it off.  Wonder of wonders but I had just clocked my best fuel mileage every, 53.4 mpg.  Can we say tail wind or something helpful.
Once the photos were taken in Tracy I raced home, changed into bike shorts and was out the door for spin class.  Kim was in rare form and demanded that we work hard, water fell everywhere from my body and yet I now feel great, nice to know I can do that even if I don't do it as well as the hard bodies which are all around me.  Kim is great to me and helpful.
This evening I've finished up the appraisal and its emailed to the lender, I've also set up an order that came in today while I was driving, yea!
I call this a good day and when I got home I had a great email from a friend through EHarmony.  Those are always enjoyable too.
So wishing all of you a good night,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment