Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another good day

Dear Family and Friends
Its early this evening but I'm home from spin class and frankly I'm enjoying sitting down for a few minutes.  I have 11 points left for the day in WW and I'm considering an ear of corn, 2 points, butter, more points, tomatoes and cottage cheese, few points and then some strawberries.  I've earned a bunch of points today with a 3 mile walk with Ken this morning and spin class for 40 minutes tonight.  Kim was on fire, driving us hard and she said very nice things about how I'm doing.  Yes I can handle it much better than when I first showed up long ago.  I'm used to all the hard bodies around and can even dream of a day when mine will be better.

This morning I inspected a home in Concord, perfect property, everything in order, clean and orderly, a joy to appraise.  The guy had a couple really fine rods in the garage, beautiful.  On the way home I hit Burger King for a vegeburger, then reinspected a place here in Discovery bay and then came home to go to work.  Lois came over using her walker and managed the walk very well.  While she was here Dana called, Dana is Nan's sister who lives in Houston.  Her message was that Adna, Nan's mom was dying, won't eat and of course without her mind left she does not understand what is happening.  So Dana is heading to Eastland to meet up with Joe and Linda and David.  I have no regrets about her passing.  Its long overdue.  She lived an incredible life but for the past few years was mostly unaware of anything just wasting away in a funeral home.

This is a very pleasant evening, warm, sunny, little wind blowing and birds singing and chirping away.  I'm using the laptop as I want to make sure its working well.  Tomorrow I'm taking the Honda Odyssey to Lodi where I'll be stuck for the day since they are doing two different recalls on it plus rotating the tires, servicing the transmission, doing a 4 wheel alignment.  All of this is in anticipation of the trade we are doing within the family.  Nikki and Steve are taking the van and its remaining payments and I'm taking Steve's Civic which he has done a remarkable job of caring for.  Looks like a new car plus it is free and clear while the van has a few thousand left to pay.  It works for both of us, Nikki will drive the van on a daily basis, Nan would be super pleased with that, Steve will drive the Pilot until that time he can trade it for a pickup he longs for.  I'll have the civic as a backup car in case my bug with its 243,000 miles decides it needs to rest.

So I'll be at Lodi Honda for the day.  I'm planning on taking some work with me to do, I can write up reports since they have wiifi which will let me stay connected to the world.  Then at 6 in the evening I'm seeing a property in Stockton, on my way home.

On Friday I'm going to Modesto for a 7.5 hour seminar on the new appraisal report that will be required come Sept. 1st.  Not looking forward to sitting all day but I'm meeting a friend afterwards for dinner, that will be nice.

Well since my appetite is growing and the corn is waiting I'll sign off now.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment