Wednesday, June 22, 2011

hard at work with nothing to show for it, yet

Good evening
A quick couple lines tonight, long day, many miles driven and yet there is much work to get done.  My work areas stretched from Union City to Turlock today with some working time in between.  In general this is the situation.  For several weeks I had almost no work and some of the work paid up front, now its payback time or pay time and since there was little work done there is very little to be paid for, of course the normal costs of doing business continue so it is a very sober time for me.  This evening I drove to Turlock to do an appraisal that will be paid for in the morning and I have it half finished already after arriving home at 9 pm.  It was another of those encouraging visits where as we talked I discovered that after she was single for 15 years she found someone quite accidentally and is now happily married.  I like those stories, I like them a  lot.

Tomorrow I'll rise early, cram as much work as I can out the door and then drive to Brentwood at 10 to do an appraisal, get done by 11:40 and see Keanna do a little dance number, then pick her up and feed her, bring her home and a friend is going to help her with her learning to sew project.  That is so nice and appreciated greatly.  I'll keep working and then at 4:30 pick up Kallie and drive to Brentwood to a different dance studio where Nikki has arranged a 1 hour session for both girls with a little dance company.  All fun stuff, if I just didn't have to work life would be so fun with the little ones.   BUT I do have to work and frankly I'm very grateful that right now I have lots of work to do, one never knows how long it will last but for now I've deadlines to meet and I've really been cranking the stuff out.

It was warm today, warmer than predicted but I was mostly spared other than the inspection this evening when it was 100 degrees, but the air was so dry you could hardly know it was that hot.

Good night and love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment