Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Almost never boring, my life

Good evening,
I'm so glad to be back here with you and of the streets.
I spent the morning writing reports and fixing things, then rushed out the door at 1:10 for a 2 pm appointment in Oakland.  First I had to pick up the May bank statement for last year, then finding the tank empty I had to fill with diesel.  Then I was really ready.

Arriving in Oakland I found a very nice looking home on a narrow lot, it had fresh stucco, new windows and was attractive.  Inside I found more of the same, a total remodel with everything in great condition and up to date.  I also found an "office building" out back that was legally constructed as an office building but is now a full out studio unit with bath, kitchen, tile floors and all.  Will be interesting to write up.  As I was driving through the narrow Oakland streets to shoot comps I managed to not see a center divider and plowed into it with the left front wheel of the bug.  A man yelled that the tire was losing air and I should go to a station.  I pulled off the concrete piece and pulled over only to discover no hub cap and a very bent wheel with air rapidly escaping.

So in a block I was forced to pull over and off the street as much as I could and change a tire, something I've not done in many years.  The spare looks brand new and is a great tire but was very low on air.  So I limped down the road and on the corner was a Midas.  The manager could not have been nicer and at first we thought it was losing air but he filled it and it held.  So a few minutes later I was on my way to the property in Orinda that I was stood up at on Monday.

Once I arrived any bad feelings quickly melted, the owner was a beautiful young mother with two kiddos playing in the background.  Her english was broken but her eyes were amazing.  Its not just every day that you stumble onto such a stunningly beautiful woman.  She and her husband purchased the property a couple years ago and she said it was like a haunted house, terrible.  It is amazing now, light and totally updated with a stunning view of the distant mountains and the valley below.  What a kick to find such a great house.

Once I left her, I mean the house I enountered heavy traffic so I turned into Walnut Creek and decided to use the back road.  Applebees in along Ygnacio Valley road and I stopped, sat down at the bar and ordered an old favorite, grilled cheese with tomatoes, side salad and decaff.  Before long a lady appeared on the chair next to mine and we had a great conversation.  She is a nurse and has lived in the states for years, spent 10 years in Hawaii and is originally from New Zealand.  We had such fun chatting about nearly everything.  Thats why I love the bar, its like a lottery and you stand a pretty good chance of having an interesting conversation.  I wish we would have traded phone numbers but I sort of rushed away, not so sure how to do things yet but I'm learning fast.  I'm finding the world is filled with very nice women, its rough work but someone has to do it.

This afternoon my phone rang and it was a very nice lady from Property Sciences, when she calls I take note as she calls with orders.  I ended up accepting about 8 orders from her.  Sure enough when I got home here they are, all ready to put me to work.  Wow, I've been praying for work and here it is.

Please keep those great prayers coming for my family.

Sending love to all,

After changing a tire, changing my hand color to solid black and nearly being run over by drivers as I worked I ready for some rest and unwinding.  Once again I'm thankful to God for His covering hand.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment