Sunday, April 15, 2012

Beautiful Day

Good evening
I've just completed the arduous process of entering every transaction in the business account dating back to May of last year.  You do know if you keep up with these things you can transfer all this from the bank to Quick Books directly in one electronic action but of course that is only good for 3 months at my bank so there is no going back to collect it in an easy manner now, so I entered each check, each charge, each painful overdraft charge but at this point I'm done, feels very good and it seems the Lord has arranged for me to not be so busy this week that I could take the time to do this vital task.

Of course at this point my eyes are crossed and almost not working.  Not that I've been at it all day.

This morning I rose early, showered and drove down through the beautiful valley to 152, crossed over the pass to Hollister and arrived at Pam's beautiful home which is located directly on a golf course.  We drove to the Elks lodge or whatever it was and found ourselves in a very long line of eager and hungry supporters of the cause.  The line moved rapidly and before long we stood with plates of eggs, potatoes and pancakes in search of a table. Soon one opened up and we enjoyed a great breakfast with local farmers and business people.  It slipped out that they are hoping for a change in presidents this fall, either than or they may have to go out of business, its that critical for thousands of business people, people who find themselves competing with people in dozens of other countries who can produce beef or crops without all the layers of control our government piles on the backs of our own citizens.  It was a great breakfast.

Once it was over we drove back and I headed back home up Highway 5 with green crops everywhere, 70 degree weather and little traffic.  Arriving home at 2:35 I set to work on the data entry challenge I faced and now at 8:30 I'm done.  Of course I was supposed to write two appraisals today, they will have to wait into tomorrow afternoon as I'm to be in Orinda at 9:30 in the morning.  I've been waiting 2 weeks to get to see this home as the people were traveling.  Then at 1:35 I have an appointment with my Dr. at Kaiser and I have a number of questions to run by him.

This week I'll be pulling things out of the garage in anticipation of a sale coming up soon where I hope some of the items can find new homes.  Nikki is such a big help, she is an expert on marketing things so I rely on her and Steve a lot.

I have little work to get scheduled but I anticipate more coming in soon, at least I can hope for more.

Love to all and we appreciate your prayers at this time.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment