Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Work, long hours of it

So I'm home finally, its 9:47 now.  I rolled out at 6 this morning and worked on appraisals and research for the day.  Just before it was time to leave the agent involved in the first property purchase I was to see.  He said something had gone wrong in the give and take with buyer and seller and the deal had fallen through.  Great!  I had spent an hour on research and had the file ready.

So I went back to work on more appraisal writing and left at 1:15 for a 3:15 appointment in Santa Rosa.  That one was fun and the trip went smoothly.  A good book certainly helps the miles melt.

Then it was a mad race through Santa Rosa traffic to San Anselmo.  The subject was located in this tiny little wide spot along Francis Drake Blvd which runs from San Rafael to Ross to a couple other little places and San Anselmo fits in there someplace.  The house was tiny, the lady was a hoot and then it was over.  I debated where to eat and finally speed won out so the GPS located a Burger King and I had my usual garden burger and salad.  It was tasty and in a few minutes I was back on the road.  Several good phone calls helped me get home.

Now its bedtime for sure.  While these days are hard I find great joy in taking on a mission and seeing it through.  Yes I do it for the money but I also do it because I enjoy it.  Late in the afternoon Nikki called to report that she had enjoyed her first day at her new job.  Not that everything is perfect and starting over means less vacation time, 90 days before health insurance kicks in etc but she is still very grateful to have joined this delightful company which is located in BYRON.  That is the great news.

Jason called to say that Jo enjoyed her interview and they both have hopes that something will work out.  He reminded me that he is doing the marathon this weekend down Monterrey way.  So I'll be driving the motorhome down, towing the civic and helping care for the kiddos while Jason and Jo take part in this huge event.  Fun stuff but Jason will be moving slow after 26 miles!  I just can't believe anyone can do such a thing.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment