Monday, April 9, 2012

Reaching out

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 9:32, Ray and Lois have returned from their pilgrimage to a year Sedar dinner held near their home in San Jose.  They enjoyed themselves very much and then they had a second one at their son's house in Sacramento.  While they were home I managed to mow their lawn, sort as a thank you for Ray taking me to deliver the motorhome and then again to take me to retrieve it.  I appreciate his help and now his lawn is knocked down to size.

I'm still so sore I can hardly move at the waist just from getting up and down so much when I was weeding and planting flowers.  Yet I feel good feeling sore knowing that I made a little progress.  In my front lawn area right now I have yellow roses bursting into bloom and the other rose bushes are ready to bloom as well.  I have purple flowers on a bushes on both sides of the yard and more purple flowers on a bush in front of the front window.  I love color, wish I had more of it.  At the moment I'm inspired to get out and do more, I might even tackle an old boat that sits against the fence, last time it was in the water it sank, not sure where it came from but perhaps it could be made to float again and with a bit of a little electric motor it could be fun to explore the lake on lazy warm afternoons.

How is your week going?  I'm actually getting caught up with a board that is almost empty.  Today an order came in for Saint Helena.  That is a sleepy little wine town located in the Napa Valley.  Its downhill from Pacific Union College where Nan and I went to college.  It will be fun and they are actually paying a fair fee so it will be worth the day to explore and work at the same time.  Now if I just had a traveling companion.  Wonder if I could tempt Loren out of retirement for a day!

Well its bedtime now.  I've been to Livermore and Stockton today so its been an easy day.
The blood work is in and my A1C was a huge disappointment.  I expected it to be 7.5 but it was 9 which is not good at all.  I wonder what else I will have to cut out now.

Well good night and please continue to pray for my family.  In one way or another we all need it.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment