Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good evening,
This is how I got to spend my morning, with the angels and the Easter Bunny.  Plus hundreds of other children.  What fun!  Nikki arrived at about 9 and parked in my driveway as the park is only about a block away.  We walked down, had hot chocolate, the kids played at games that were offered by the boy scouts and at 10 they let the mob enter the area where a whole lot of eggs had been hidden in plain sight.  Kallie was able to snag 6 and Keanna found many more.  This year Kallie was not frightened by the bunny, progress!

Once Steve and Nikki had left with the girls I looked at the clock and decided there was time to make it for the sermon.  I arrived just after she had started and I'm told it was a very good sermon but I kept nodding off, at least friend Becky told me I did.  That is awful, I finally get to a sermon, its a very good one and I fall asleep.  Just not right!

Dick introduced me to the husband and wife that will be sharing the motorhome with me at the church campout and we ended up at Olive Garden with Dick and Becky and the new friends.  It was great getting to know them and at the end of the meal a very attractive young lady came over with an attractive daughter.  It was Michelle Dutra, the same one that I had performed a wedding for years ago in Tracy in a backyard someplace.  I went to Costa Rica to do her sister Melissa's wedding and enjoyed a week in paradise with Roxanna and Rick, Ron and Lydia and others in the wedding party as well as guests.  Michelle had lots of news, Melissa is pregnant, Rick has sold his company to HP, a long term goal of his and can not retire, perhaps even back on the west coast.  It was so great to see Michelle.  I remember when she used to be one of the youth on our campouts and she was always an incredibly nice and helpful person to have along.  Now she lives on a ranch with her husband and family in Tracy.

Late this afternoon I waded into the weeds that taunt me every time I drive into my driveway.  They will taunt me no more.  My hands and fingers are so sore I can hardly type this evening.  I pulled the weeds, mowed the lawn, ran the edger loaned to me by Jason, then used it as a weedeater, then as a blower.  I dumped the tanks in the motorhome as it was rented this week, then opened the aging gates and backed it in.  This time it was dark and I was a bit uneasy about doing it in the dark but turns out the brakelights light up so much that I can see the fence clearly as I near it with the back of the motorhome.  Now its tucked away safely and off the street and driveway.

When I came in my blood sugar was 89, my lowest point in a very long time.  So I drove over to the Boardwalk, a local eating place by the Marina and had pasta primivera, so good and reasonably priced.  Now I'm heading for the jetted tub in my bedroom.  I think I've earned it.

A few minutes ago I got to talk to Art.  He is through with the medical reasons he was at Loma Linda and soon they will connect the truck to the new 5th wheel and head home.  It will be great to have them back home but they have enjoyed Loma Linda so much and love the church services there.  He said that today's services were incredible.

Well, sending love to all and wishing each of you a Happy Easter.  When we think of the events of that fateful weekend so long ago, a moment in time that provided our salvation, how can we be anything but grateful for a love that encompasses the world and all of us in it. 

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment