Friday, April 13, 2012

Venturing out

At 5:15 this afternoon you would have found me sitting at the bar in the Sports Bar here in Discovery Bay.  I was meeting someone who I first met this week over a seniors site on the web.  My friend turned out to be delightful, a former appraiser turned Special Ed teacher she lives here in Discovery Bay and has had a very interesting life.  As you might imagine I was a bit nervous, especially as things did not turn out as planned.

I had a 11 am appointment in Livermore, that one turned into a very long appraisal, interested owner who is from Holland and though little has strong opinions.  It was a very interesting time spent.  Once I left her home I drove directly to the Pleasanton Library where I met a lady who had a device which you can connect a car seat to, it has wheels and it become a sort of stroller I think.  Because it had a flaw she gave it to Jo and Jason and I was there so I could pick it up.

Then it was time for lunch at Red Robin, a quick drive back to Livermore for fuel, shoot comps and then head up the Altamont, Highway 580, to Manteca for the next appointment.  Well traffic stopped, miles ahead two cars had crashed into each other and I had to drive very slowly all the way up the highway to the top and down the other side before passing the accident site.  It cost me an hour.  So I arrived in Manteca when I had planned to leave which made it very tight to meet my new friend in Discovery Bay.  And certainly did not give me a chance to drive home and change into nicer clothes.

We shared drinks, I think hers was a bit stronger than my cranberry juice over ice and had some deep fried asparagas, talk about good!  Later I joined Nikki and the girls for pizza and salad.

Now I'm tired and looking forward to putting the clean sheets back on the bed and sleeping all night.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, your loved ones and life itself.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment