Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cranking

Dear Family and Friends,

So I'm finally winding down now.  Our weather here has been amazing, my front yard is ablaze with color, bright yellow roses, red ones too, Marigolds trying to grow, lilacs and some stunningly beautiful purple flowers.  The flowers that Nan planted so long ago are up, I think they are called glads and they are beautiful.  I worked in this morning setting up 10 new orders, inspected a 5,200 sf home on the golf course, picked Keanna up at 12:45 from school and then popped her some popcorn which she devoured as she did her homework, played on the secondary computer in the office and played games on her ipod as well.

Nikki was in San Jose at a special sale of children's items, she has a couple hundred she is selling there so this evening I picked up Kallie which is always a hoot.  She is so genuinely delighted to see me, no one could fake that.  Then I ventured into Safeway with the girls for a couple things and resisted their calls to buy nearly everything they saw.  We left with just a couple little books.

At Nikki's I had a chance to catch up with her, she was so tired and Kallie insisted I read the book we had just purchased.  That is such an honor to get to read to little ones. 

On the way home I was so low physically, I picked up an infusion with a skinny peppermint mocha at Starbucks.  In a matter of minutes I had energy and felt ready to tackle the project of the year, moving stuff out of the garage and into the motorhome which I will use to transport it all to the sale.  I am always amazed at just how much stuff, junk, precious items, you know the drill, that 36 years of marriage can create, especially when your loving spouse loved to shop, to buy, to experience it all.  Every box is a new adventure!  Now I've just called a halt to it tonight, I was tired sweaty and I can pick up the process tomorrow morning.

The other challenge that was holding me down was how to get the 10 orders seem, written and to the lender on time.  Finally I just waded into the process.  First I wrote them on the board, the town, the street, the appointment time and date and when it is due.  Then I started calling.  Sometimes I had two calls going at the same time as people responded.  Now I only have 3 that are not confirmed out of the 10 which is very good news.  The places I must go stretch from Santa Rosa, San Anselmo, Castro Valley, Fremont, Gilroy and Morgan Hill.  Locally there are two in Discovery Bay, one in Oakley and one in Antioch.  What a huge blessing these orders are, about $3,000 dollars worth, it will come in handy in about 3 weeks when the payments come in.

I'm thankful for many things, for many people, for Ken who joined me for a nice 3 mile walk this morning, for Ray that brought me bananas tonight, for a chance to check in with the kiddos.  For a nice place to live here on the lake.  In the near future I'm going to get my ducks in a row enough to host an afternoon of fun for friends and family, there is work to be done first but I'm anxious to share this fun place with people who might enjoy the paddle boat or float on the lake in a raft or just relax in a deck chair or sit in the spa.  God has blessed me with this and I want to share it, its time to think beyond myself and reach out to others.  I have been treated so nicely by family and friends over the tough years, no complaints at all.  I think of the tireless hours Sylvia gave to helping me clear the house and get things ready to sell or give away, of my brother who came with a truck load of firewood, of Gerry and Barb who came when I was ill and helped me, of Pam who calls and encourages me all the time, of Art who is a steadfast friend, like a brother.  And the hug from Dr. George at the end of Sabbath School.  George and Yvonne are like an institution in my mind.  They are solid, positive and have been a huge support system helping keep me on track.

And soon we will be on another church campout and that means time to spend with life long friends who are a huge treasure for eternity.

So a day that started hard, the walk was a challenge due to breathing problems, has ended up very positive and the garage is starting to yield up its treasures!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment