Saturday, April 28, 2012

Resting at MBA

Good evening

I'm sitting at the table in my motorhome, in the distance I can hear the breakers on the beach and the night is cool and beautiful.  Some nitwit is running around setting off fireworks but I guess that goes with alumni weekend, it takes all kinds.

Jason and Jo are already in bed as they have to climb out about 2 in the morning, then leave at 3 for their ride to the start of the marathon they will be running at Big Sur.  While the course is beautiful and winds on the hills by the sea 26 miles is a very long ways.  Jo will be running in a relay race along with many others from the campus and area.  Jason will be striving for a full 26 miles but has to do it in 6 hours since they reopen Highway 1 after 6 hours are up.  He is not sure what he can do but intends to give it his best.  He has run up to 20 miles before.  As a father I just want to say, don't do this but of course my role is to be a supporter, not to act out my fears.  Clayton, Jo's brother is here to help with the kiddos and by the time they wake Jason and Jo will be long gone.

We will drive down later in the morning about 11 probably to meet up with Jason and Jo.  There are thousands of people running and the crowds will be intense.  However our job will be much easier than their job, that is running until they are at the wall and then beyond.  Please pray that God will watch over them as they tackle this milestone in their lives.

This morning I took Keanna and Kallie to Sabbath School.  Kim did a super job of teaching and I know Sylvia did a great job too.  The girls love the experience even though they sometimes demonstrate their independence.
How I love my Tracy SDA church family.  There are some really terrific people there, people who are genuine and demonstrate the love of Jesus with their whole lives.

When I arrived today I found Jason on duty at the gate and the rest of the family heading to the beach.  What fun we had at the water's edge.  Mia loves walking, picking up the little shovels and just playing in the sand while Timothy digs, runs, plays and enjoys the beautiful place.  Having already walked 3 miles this morning with Ken I just walked on the beach for a short distance but enjoyed the crashing waves, the constant noise of the ocean and the distant fog.  What a place to spend a portion of Sabbath afternoon.

The motorhome is all set up, the awning out, lawn chairs out looking at the ocean and now at 9:25 it is chilly.  I've popped some corn and will soon head to bed.  I remembered to bring my blood testing equipment with me so tested the blood before dinner, it was 103 and that was terribly encouraging.

So I say good night from one of the nicest places on earth,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment