Friday, April 20, 2012

A great day for rejoicing

Good evening
This has been a very busy day.  I was in Fremont at 8:20 this morning inspecting a perfect little house, then it was up Freeway 680 and 4 to Oakley where I inspected another nice home.  Then to Brentwood where good things continued to happen.

I stopped at a funky little tire shop and gas station where a fast talking young guy runs a business that mostly sells fancy wheels to low riders but he is easy to work with.  I went by to order a new rim to replace the one I bent in Oakland.  After a quick look he scoffed, we can fix it he said and a few minutes later it was back on the car.  While I was there I asked how much to rotate the tires?  A few minutes that was done as well and we moved the most worn tire to the trunk and have the better 4 all rotated.  Then he quoted an even lower price for the work, $30.  Before he could change his mind I quickly paid.

Then it was on to the $11 car wash and tonight the car is clean.

This afternoon I drove up to Roseville to celebrate Barb Lammerding's birthday at Olive Garden, family was there and we enjoyed our time together.  Gerry even gave me money for fuel for coming up.

A real high point for the afternoon was a phone call from Nikki sharing how her first day is Tuesday at her new position as accountant for a company based right here in Byron so no more nasty commutes to Livermore every day.  I thank God and you for your prayers for the family.  I am so thankful that Nikki has been able to make this work move to a place that gives every indication of being an office where people work as a team instead of a gotcha mentality.

We still need your prayers though as Jason and Jo are contemplating a major change in their lives but Jo finding a position as a school teach is needed and so far that is elusive.  Lets pray with all our hearts that God will guide Jason and Jo in the days ahead.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment