Thursday, April 5, 2012

progress

When I have the IRS hanging out there it effects me.  For weeks I've had IRS documents on my desk, I knew I needed to call but I also knew it was a 2 hour process and I wasn't sure of the outcome this time so I did what I do best, put it off, avoid it, dodge it, hide the papers.  Now I know some of you won't even begin to understand what I'm talking about.  You are so organized that it would be a horror show for you if you put off something this important even for one day!  Well I don't begin to understand how anyone has that much guts, to just face stuff!  I'm so impressed and a little bit suspicious to be honest.  Do you have other lingering issues that you don't own up to?

So this morning I came down and called the insurance company that is supposed to be paying to get my motorhome repaired.  The expected bill will be $3400 and the insurance company has had the estimate for over a month and nothing has happened.  Last time I tried I found a phone tree that would not let me through at all.  This time I was told the phone lines were down to the adjusters!  Right.

While I was on a roll I just dialed the number for the IRS before I really thought it through.  It rang and after a few minutes of wandering through their voice tree I finally was hearing the music and the waiting began.  About 20 minutes later I was speaking to a lady who then forwarded me to another lady who began to work with me.  She was good and laid out the situation for me, just as we were getting ready to make a decision about how much money I would have to find in the next two weeks the phone line went dead.  So one hour wasted.  Well I dialed right back and after the same amount of time I ended up with a super nice lady, her numbers were much different than the first lady and now I have an agreement, I could feel the weight lift off my shoulders.

Once that was done I turned to getting a report out before 1 pm.  At 12:55 I emailed the report to the client and went to meet Steve at a local house.  While Steve did his work I chatted with the owner and he ended up talking some serious stuff about diabetes and showing me his insulin pen, what a nice device and I'm going to lean on Kaiser to get one.  He got his from Kaiser so I know it can be done.

Then it was back home after a quick Subway lunch.  Once again I faced a deadline for an appraisal that I have been putting off writing.  A very tough one in Berkeley where the young people have been remodeling and rebuilding.  They tend to think they are about done and all I see are unfinished projects.  Well at 5:15 I shipped that report out the door, it felt so good to have it gone.

Then I dialed it back a bit, rested and watched some Fox news.  Nikki called to invite me for some cottage cheese loaf.  Wow what a meal, loaf, mashed potatoes that Kallie helped prepare, Lima beans and it was all great.  I've not had a meal like that for awhile.

Now I'm back and heading to bed.  Are there any more mountains to climb?  Oh yes but at least today I climbed some of them and it feels very good.

Love to all, lets keep praying for God's answers!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment