Monday, April 23, 2012

On a Roll

Dear Family and Friends,
Today was a day primarily given to Kaiser appointments.  I spent perhaps 30 minutes with Dr. Gee today which turned out to be very helpful.  He took a genuine interest in the blood sugar levels and with my perpetual cough.  I think his ideas were helpful and I felt listened to after our visit.  I am to see him again in 30 days to see if some of what he has suggested is helping.

After time with Dr. Gee I went right down to meet with LoGina, the diabetes nurse.  This lady really knows her stuff and she refined what the doctor had suggested into a plan.  Her explanations along with her reading the blood sugar machine through her computer were very helpful.

It took much longer for the visits than I had expected but I felt good as I was leaving.  Once home I went back to work and opened the mail.  I was just about to toss a form letter from some lender when I went ahead and opened it.  It was pink and looked like a bid to refi my house or something.  Actually it was payment for two appraisals, $550.  That along with the other check certainly improved my bank account.  Its been a few days since money came but today was good.

I had an appointment here in Discovery Bay on a property that I've seen many times before.  So when the owner was 5 minutes away she called to let me know.  I met her there and shot a new set of photos of the house.  Then I left for Hayward, to catch the one that I totally forgot to do yesterday.  Nikki wisely suggested I check out sunset times for Hayward on the Internet, I did and learned that the sun would set about 8 pm.  It did!

I used a technique I have refined over the years.  When approaching a house at the end of day shoot exterior photos of the subject, then leave and shoot photos of all the comps, then come back and measure after dark if need be and shoot interior photos after dark.  So had you arrived at the house on Sulphur Street in Hayward you have seen me measure by penlight and then using the same little flashlight open the lock box and get the key.  Then using the little dimming light unlock the house and finding the power on I turned on all the lights inside and completed the inspection.  It may be true that the last couple comp photos I shot may not be the best but I do know how to lighten photos if they are visible at all. 

On the way home I text ed Steve to see if he could write up the appraisal for me, he said yes so I just dropped it by and by tomorrow night he will have it done for me so when I get back from Santa Rosa and San Anselmo I can finish it up and ship it out.

Ken and I walked this morning and the morning was perfect, no coat, no gloves, just a nice morning.

Well its bed time here.  I am so thankful that Nikki begins her new position tomorrow at a business located right here in Byron so no dangerous commute for her.  We are very thankful to God for His guiding and the opening of doors.  Now we seek God's direction and help for Jo and Jason as they move forward with their lives.

Tomorrow will be another long day and I'm so thankful for the little VW, for its great fuel mileage and for the comfort and ease it affords.  I know there will be a day when it become tired but at 264,000 it seems to be going strong and still hands me about 560 miles on each tank.  Talk about blessings.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment