Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Back out in the field

Its grown warm here in Central California.  All night the winds blew until at 2 am I climbed out and slide the door closed so I could get some sleep.

At 6 the alarm brought me to attention and at 8:30 I left for Dublin.  I found a beautiful home once I got there but the traffic was terrible.  All day i struggled with traffic everywhere I went and Jason said it was tough this evening in San Jose as well.  I first drove to a great property with an incredible view up in the hills between Castro Valley and Dublin, then it was to a little condo in Campbell and wonder of wonders I arrived on time.  A sweet Indian mother and her little boy showed me through a very nice little place.

Once I was through there I asked my wonderful new GPS for the route to a property in Oakland.  I found the home and did the inspection but when I turned to the file for comps they were all wrong.  The MLS system had located the wrong address.  Instead of E. 15th street the comps were for 15th street, a 4 mile difference.  I tried to find comps using my iphone but could not make it work well enough so I located a Starbucks downtown Oakland and enjoyed a little lunch.

Then it was time to leave for Moraga where once again there were challenges.  Public record said the home was 1700 sf and MLS for the time when they bought it said much much larger.  I had accepted the MLS number so had comps to make the case.  The home was stunningly beautiful and looked over the Moraga Golf and Country Club fairway.  Wow I get to see nice places.

Once I was completed I headed back to Dublin to shoot the comps for the first one of the day and with that completed I quickly found diesel at $4.49 a gallon.  I bought one gallon.  Then where Vasco Road leaves the freeway i filled for $3.95, much better.  This time I got about 42 miles per gallon.

Life has so many challenges and right now the biggest I face is to find the will power to start dumping weight.  Every step is a challenge, every meal is a challenge.  I no longer keep bread in the house as i end up eating way too much of it.  But I still seem to find bad things to eat.  This evening I used a microwave dinner with cut up potatoes and veges, I added green beans and pinto beans and it was a very nice meal.

Tomorrow Jessy comes back to work and that will be a real help in getting caught up.  She has had a great trip and I'm sure is still dealing with jet lag.

So right now I'm sending love and appreciation to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment