Friday, April 26, 2013

Multi purpose day

So it started by a nice walk to the park with Pooka.  She enjoyed getting out, we had the park to ourselves and the morning was perfect.

Came back and went to work but then realized I needed to get the deposit into the bank so made a quick run down to the bank and visited Starbucks while I was there.  Once I left I realized that it was a good time to buy a new tire for the bug so we went to Brentwood, the bug and I and $88 later we had a new tire installed, then a carwash to get some bugs off the window, then back home to do some more work.

At 1:35 I left for Redwood City where I had a 3 pm appointment.  I was not prepared for what I would find there.  The first clue was a home filled with musical pictures, sketches, a grand piano, guitars and a wonderful outgoing couple.  Turns out the gentleman has spent the last 40 years in the music department of Stanford, he is a world renowned classical guitarist, has trained under Romero, Sagovia and all the greats in Classical Guitar.  He has played with most of the world's leading orchestras as well as small groups.  Pretty amazing all that this guy has done, when he was deciding his future he was accepted at Columbia, Yale and Harvard at the same time.  He went to Columbia.  what an interesting time to hear his stories.  He and his exciting wife life in Redwood Shores, have a perfect home and were great to visit with.

Once I was finished I decided to ask my phone for the address of the nearest Apple Store.  It was in Belmont and in a few minutes I was busy purchasing a ipad mini with celular connection.  The people in the store were amazing and helpful.  Then as I was walking out of the mall I got lost and found the AT&T store, a place I would need to visit to have the ipad linked to my current account.  But I was hungry so I visited the Cheesecake Factory for some delicious food.  Then I made my way back to the phone store and found out that when one hooks up an ipad to a current account there is a $100 rebate.  So before long I had made the decision to go ahead and purchase a new iphone 5.  They gave me $105 for my old iphone, $100 for hooking the ipad up to the account so I ended up walking out spending slightly over $100 for a new case and a new iphone 5.  My monthly account only increased about $10 and my data was doubled in the new plan.  It all made sense so it was a rather expensive afternoon. 

My intention is to begin conducting the appraisal inspections using the new app which links to the appraisal program here in the office.  Once I am completed I can email the report to the office using the link, the cost is $1.00 and Jessy can begin the work of finishing the report.  I know there will be challenges as I switch to a new way of doing things.

It took awhile to get all the new links established and all the paperwork completed but I really grew to trust the owner of the store and he kept giving me discounts, 33% discount on a protective cover for the screen of the ipad, 33% discount on the new Otter cover for the new phone.

So that is my news and when Nikki called this evening I discovered that her call came through the new radio in the bug through the bluetooth system.  The phone had hooked up on its own.  pretty amazing and it stopped the ipad book I was listening to until the call ended.

Well saying good night to all,

Kallie and I are coming to church just a few hours from now.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment