Monday, April 29, 2013

Multi tasking

Good evening, this process of doing several things at nearly the same time is interesting at best and stressful at worst.

At 3 am this morning I found myself totally awake, it was a warm night, I had accidentially sipped some iced coffee during the evening without thinking.  So after a bit of checking to see if I was really not going to be going back to sleep anytime soon I crawled out, came down and wrote two reports, at 6 am I went back to bed and slept until 7 and I've not been sleepy today at all.  Very strange.  Of course I did not eat last night before bed, for a change I was good.

At 10 I was inspecting a home in Tracy and the renter talked the entire time I was there, pretty amazing really.  Then I drove to Dublin but as I crested the Altamont traffic screached to a halt.  I never really knew why but for the next 20 minutes I watched as my on time turned into a disaster.  Fortunately the owner was there and was working at home so we were good.  In spite of only being a little place it was tough to measure, what they do for curb appeal can drive us crazy as we try to figure out what is living area and what is just fluff.

Once I was through there I headed home and got a call from the dog groomer saying she was at my house for the 1:30 appointment.  On my calendar the appointment was for 3 pm.  Anyway I told her to go in, find the dag and get started.  So when I got home she was working hard on Pooka and she was loving it.  This evening she looks great, $85 later and she shines, her nails are clipped and ground down, she is styling and smells so good.

Jessy was here and working hard cranking out work and finally went home early evening, she took the new ipod to see how the writing program works, she will write two reports, then launch them into the cloud, once at the office she will pull them back from the cloud and they become the appraisal in the computer.  All pretty amazing, if it all works out to save time, that part I'm not sure of yet.

This evening after shipping out a challenging one from the Golf and Country Club in Moraga I jerked off my shirt and went outside.  My goal was to load two paddle boats into the trailer I borrowed from Steve, it is a nice closed box trailer and will pull nicely behind the motorhome.

These were the steps I took.  1. drive Civic with box trailer on behind out of the RV parking space beside the garage, park trailer on street, then back Civic into the space and hook up the Tow Dolly and pull it out, park it in the driveway out of the way, then back Civic into the space and hook up to the ski boat which is parked deep into the space back by the rear deck, pull it out and park it on the street, then using the Civic hook up to the box trailer and back it deep into the space, then pull and drag the two paddle boats from the dock to the trailer, manhandle them into it and close the door, then pull out the Civic and trailer to the driveway.  Quit until morning light.

So now I'm tired and heading for magic sleep.

Good night one and all,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment