Sunday, April 28, 2013

Learning to do new things

Good evening
I've been working with the new ipad and a program put out by Phoenix, its called an app and it lets one start an appraisal in the office, then launch it to to the icloud, when you are in the field with the ipad you can pull the started appraisal from the cloud, fill out details and then once you are done ship it back to the home office and you can include photos, sketch and all the details you want to include including a voice message.  Not sure how it will help but its certainly interesting and holds lots of promise for the future.  We will see.

This morning I rolled out thinking I was going to Fremont early but then the owner emailed saying the marine layer had the entire valley filled with fog so could I come later, so I sent later and arrived early, by then the entire bay was visible and it was pretty impressive.

On the way home I stopped at the grocery store and purchase something I've not tried for about 40 or 50 years, celery.  Frankly I despise the stuff but knowing I needed more healthy things in my diet I bought some, came home and tried it with peanut butter and I can handle it fine, I also got a huge sack of salad, romain mostly so it has some good in it, purchased fresh strawberries from the local fields, they are so good, fresh mushrooms, new peanut butter.  I'm taking a fresh stab at eating more healthy.  I stopped having bread in the house over a week ago and I've managed to survive without it, now I'm ready with little carrots, celery, green beans, pinto beans, brown rice, soy milk, steel cut oats, bananas.  For lunch I made the last half of the baked potato from the other day, covered it with green beans, a little rice, mushrooms and some low sodium soy sause.  I had a bit of cottage cheese along with the potato and it was all very good.

This evening I put strawberries, ice cubes, soy milk, some whey powder and a banana in the blender and the resulting smoothie was excellent.  Now I'm going to bed before I'm tempted to eat.

Managed to get the lawn mowed today, the sprinklers repairs and turned on for the season and some office work completed.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment