Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Finally the wind ceases!

After three days of constant wind the only winners are those with windmills creating power.  They must have loved it.

I've been working in today and I finally screwed up enough courage to face a tough condition request that had been thrown at me.  I had been putting it off, because of the extreme high value this property required two appraisals.  The other appraiser who followed me eventially saw the public record was 2777 sf so in spite of what his measuring device was telling him he measured it to meet the public record.  In doing so he missed the remodel that was completed 18 months ago, it was done with permits and brings the living area up to 3350 sf.  So he just tweaked every number below what it really was so his final number was the same as public record.  Well because of the way I look at life I automatically thought I was the one who had made the mistake thought I could not see how.  So I called the owner who told me about the remodel and the actual size was what I had measured.  I felt so much better and urged the client to take a harder look at the other appraisal.  I was prepared to drive there and remeasure just to be sure so I'm saved a trip.

Keanna came to visit this afternoon and we did some shopping, needed popcorn for her and a couple things for me, then we went to McDonald for her lunch, stopped at the bank to make a much needed deposit and then ended up at Subway where I bought a sandwich.

We both did our work, she did homework and I did appraisal work and set up orders.  They just keep coming in for which I am very thankful.  I got one today that has a payment promise of $605.  Now thats more like it, of course it is a quadruplex in Hayward so I'll earn my money.

This evening I was tired of pushing paper so took some time to go out front to Nan's memorial garden area, where she planted bulbs so long ago.  Right now they are blooming and beautiful but there were many weeds that detracted from the flowers.  Not now.  I tugged, pulled, jerked and removed the weeds who thought they belonged there.  Now it looks better and I feel better for some fresh air and a little muscle effort.

So now back to work preparing for tomorrow, each file takes a few minutes as I study the facts, learning what has sold in each neighborhood, printing them off and creating a bing map.  I've got it down but it is still work for sure.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment