Thursday, June 19, 2014

A very big day

There is a lot about today that I can't talk about but trust me when I say I saw God's hand all day today helping in the "works of men".  If I ever have mistrusted God before today should certainly strengthen my faith.

I rose at 5 this morning and had a conversation with my friend from 6 onward as I walked my 3 miles and showered.  Then it was a quick breakfast and I settled down to work.  I wrote two full appraisals this morning and then did research for 4 properties which I proceeded to see this afternoon.  I waited for the mail to come hoping, pacing and praying for a check.  God saw fit to answer that prayer with enough to cover incoming automatic bills, it was a minor miracle and I am very thank you.

This afternoon my first home was a beautiful one located in the Rockridge section of Oakland.  This was one of the homes destroyed by the Oakland Hills fire 21 years ago.  It is very beautiful and the husband and wife died within a few months of each other.  Now the Reverse Mortgage lender is needing it appraised, the man that showed me through was a mortgage broker and a total gentleman.  From there I drove to a little home in Berkeley where the owner passed away recently.  I was doing an appraisal as of the day she died to determine value for the daughter's taxes.  They paid me on the spot with a credit card which I took with my square reader, how nice to collect funds directly on the spot.

Then it was on to a little home in Oakland closer to downtown.  This cute little house had everything redone, very nice and the comps were supportive and nearby.

Then it was to Hayward to see a townhome and that one was very nice too.  Now I'm home, tired and ready to sleep.

God is good.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment