Thursday, July 29, 2010

Alone again

It was sure to happen, Marilyn left me, drove right up the road to Sacramento, to her sisters and her friends and the really bad thing was, my wallet went with her.  Shortly after arriving in Sac this morning she looked down to discover my wallet sitting quietly on the console.  I had left it last night when we got home from dinner.  So we each drove 1/2 the distance and I now own my wallet again.

Not walking this morning I wandered into the office and began working.  Finally this afternoon I put the finishing touches on a field review which pays some measly amount but took forever.  Almost immediately it was rejected by the system and I had to change some things, I think now it has finally been accepted.  Work certainly takes longer to accomplish the same as used to be done in 1/2 the time.  No wonder so many appraisers are through with the business, have moved on, lost their homes and are in some cases very bitter.  I can understand perfectly as I struggle to survive day by day.

This afternoon the orders started, 4 of them in a row, all for extremely low fees, yet not quite low enough to just refuse them.  I'm now getting $260 for something I've gotten $375 for for the last 10 years.  And the client is paying even more than $375, the management company cuts their profit off the top.  I don't think that will last for long with the new laws just passed by congress, they say the appraiser fees must be customary for the area, not set by management companies so there could be some hope on the horizon.

The weather continues to be splendid with the big AC working for a very short time in the late afternoon.  Its pleasant to be outside, even to measure homes and here we are almost to August.  Of course we know there will be some hot times to come but I'm enjoying the cooler times.

Tomorrow promises to be a very busy day with trips to Oakland, then back home to write up the report and get it turned in before the end of day.  Then tomorrow evening I care for Kallie as her parents go to the ballgame with friends.  We will have a good time.  She is easy to care for, she loves to play and smile, sing and when its time for bed she will go willingly without a fuss.  Its sort of rare and very nice to cope with.

Sending love to all,

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment