Friday, July 9, 2010

At MBA

Good evening,
I'm writing from Jason and Jo's breakfast bar, its so great to be here once again.  Getting here in one piece as a culmination of a very fractured day is an achievement.
The day started at 5:45 with a loud grinding sound, it was my horrible alarm which I keep across the room so I don't snooze it and sleep on.  I staggered across the room, shut it off and next headed for the shower.  That felt good, so good that I wasted my breakfast minutes.  Once I got downstairs it was time to leave so I grabbed a oat and honey bar and ate on the way.  Nikki was ready to leave and Steve was gone already.  Once inside I fell asleep for a bit in the recliner and soon Keanna was waking me.  She is such a happy camper and eventually told me that Kallie was awake too.  I snatched Kallie from her bed which is full of toys, books, blankets and water cups.  She helped me dress her and wanted a pull up instead of a regular diaper.  Since that is not in my job description I went for the more usual diaper.  The little soxs are the hardest thing to put on tiny feet.  Have not mastered that yet.
We went down for breakfast and at the head of the stairs I asked Kallie if she wanted to walk down or have me carry her, you really have to watch out since she will sometimes just lunge and jump into your arms. 
Once downstairs we fired up the turkey sausages, made toast with jam, poured milk all around and they ate well today.  Nikki said they would like pears and they could have eaten the whole can if I had enough time.
First we drove to Sam and Geez, the baby sitting couple and placed Kallie with them, then off to Brentwood where Keanna is attending summer camp this week at the club.  She loves it and they love her as well. 
Once I had the kidos safely placed then I turned to my work.  Today it was seeing a nice home in northern Brentwood and that went smoothly.  Then back to get the right fuse for the van which also worked out, then to Kragen to buy the right size ball to pull the tow dolly.  Then to Starbucks where I met the guy who is creating my web connection.
After leaving him I headed home to begin putting things in the motorhome and setting up a new order that came in.  Then at 2 it was back to Brentwood to pick up Keanna, stop at McDonalds for a snack and back home to unload the new doll house and place it in the living room, Keanna loved it and began to arrange the furniture and dolls.  Of course she needed her special popcorn and a sugar free jello.  She helped me find things for the trip and watched some Clifford.  Soon Nikki arrived and they left shortly thereafter.
It was very hot outside and I needed to face the music, time to hook up the tow dolly, then drive the VW up onto it and learn how to strap everything down to be secure for the drive.  One interesting note, I needed to install a larger ball, a 2 and 5/16 inch ball and I could not get the 2 inch ball off no matter how hard I tried.  I needed three hands so Nikki provided that third hand in less than a minute it was off, Thanks Nikki.  And she didn't even have to get dirty.
I finally finished loading things for the trip about 6:30 and by 7: I was pulling out.  Starr had raised such a fuss that I had placed her in the motorhome hours earlier with the AC going.  She did not want to miss the trip.  Needless to say she is delighted to finally be on the road again and watched me drive the entire trip.
I stopped a couple times early on to make sure everything was tight. After dumping the paddle boat on the last trip I was not so sure of my abilities.
At about 9:30 I pulled in to Jason's yard, unloaded the bug and pulled the motorhome into the driveway.  Now I'm set for the night and very thankful to be here, to have the week at an end and grateful for life itself.

I hope you are set to enjoy the Sabbath rest God has planned for you and can spend time with your loved ones, friends and family.

Love to all,

Tim
ps  Its about 60 degrees here with fog, can it get any better?  This is heaven after the 100 degree at home at least that is what Lois reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment