Sunday, July 18, 2010

Recovery Sunday

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm writing early this evening to make up for the very late post last night.  In spite of being pretty ill I slept very well from 2 until 6:44 when the alarm reminded me I was walking with Ken at 7.  We walked, well I staggered and once arriving at home I moved a used chaise lounge I bought for $10 to the back deck and proceeded to nap for the next two hours in the cool morning air.  I had the little radio I keep on the breakfast table beside me playing glorious classical music and the two hours were well spent.
Eventually I woke up and came in to make a small breakfast with lots of fruit.  After some money was delivered to my front door I took my shopping list and headed out the door.  Since the kitchen sink was plugged solid a plunger was the first item on the list.  Then I went to Food Max and picked up a few things.  Frankly I'm tired of never having anything to drink so I purchased a gallon of OJ and gallon of Concord grape juice.  I know I can't go crazy due to the sugar and the calories but I'm tired of never having anything to drink.  I also picked up some more fruit.
My next stop was at Target where I planned to purchase some little Tupperware type plastic containers to hold pasta, great idea but they had nothing like that, I'm not sure where to look.  I found lovely little bugs in the whole wheat pasta so that is in the trash.
Once I arrived home I began to work on the plugged drain.  It was stubborn and would not yield to the power of the plunger alone so I started to disassemble it and finally it gave way, nice stuff!  Then of course I had to clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher, clean the cabinets.  With that work done I discovered that the frig is running about 50 to 60 degrees instead of in the 40s.  Jo was right when she commented on it not running cool enough.  I think there is some basic maintenance I might need to do under the frig to allow it to work better.  I'll check the web and find out.
I have a wonderful doctor appointment tomorrow morning at 8 am with Dr. Jim.  Hopefully a course of antibiotics will nip this sickness in the bud so I can be ready for all the new orders that are about to roll in!!
I do this think with fruit in a huge Tupperware, I wash the grapes, add in melon pieces, strawberries, black berries and just pop the lid anytime I'm hungry.  There is nothing like good fruit to enjoy.
So here comes a new week, ready or not.  Lets give it our best and let God guide us as we plod along.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment