Thursday, July 1, 2010

Keeping it moving

Dear Family and Friends,
Another busy day, I'm sure you had one too. We walked and the morning was very cool, invigorating.  Then breakfast, I'm trying to use up some nasty dry cereal I got somewhere.  The stuff tastes like a combination of cardboard and Styrofoam but not as good.  The box seems to last like the widow's oil, forever when boxes of cereals I actually like go quickly.  So I mix a bit of it every day with something good.  Dreadful stuff.
I have to admit I'm a sucker for clean.  It is so nice to just wander around the house and enjoy the clean shining floors, the open clean counters in the kitchen, the lack of clutter in my bedroom, Tonya is a miracle worker, I'd like to marry her sister, of course I don't know if she has a sister my age or not, probably not but this is certainly a desirable skill to have.  The ability to make things shine, smell good and look attractive.
I almost hate to use the sinks or the counters for fear of making them less perfect.
I set a goal of writing two reports today but when I opened my emails this morning I discovered a new order for a relocation report.  It was located in Suisun City which is located adjacent to Fairfield and it was marked rush.  So then I calculated that if I kept busy perhaps I could complete the two appraisals and still leave on time to see the house in Suisun City at 3:30.  At 2:10 I emailed the appraisal out and then hit the road.  The trip to Fairfield from my  home involves using a two lane road that has become very dangerous.  For the last year it has been under constant construction as crews slowly are improving it and taking out some of the most dangerous sections replacing them with wider and more level new road sections.  To keep everyone safe they have clamped a 45 mpg speed limit on miles of this road and drivers do not like it.  They also patrol it heavily with Highway Patrol units.  I simply cannot afford a ticket so I was the guy holding back about 20 cars today with no place to pull over.  We all lived through it.
The home was a very cute little one story and the family is being moved to Hawaii.  What fun it was to chat with the homeowner about what to expect.  She has never been there and will soon be living there.  After seeing her home I searched for comparables and found many sales but only two pendings and no current listings in her entire neighborhood.  It was a very unusual situation especially for the current market in most areas.  Values are NOT increasing and this government is doing everything wrong to try to improve the business climate.  I just read a list of tax changes to kick in Jan. 1 2011.  You will not believe the terrible burden that is about to be imposed on all of us, not just the rich.  Someone is not telling the truth re: taxes and a whole lot of us are going to be shocked, small businesses will fail, we are headed for worse times, not better.  And this is my optimistic look to the future.  Ask me how I really feel!
As I drove home from Fairfield I began to look forward to tasks I had decided to do this evening.  I trimmed the rose bushes, I know, the wrong time of the year, tough, they will have to live with it.  They look better now, I trimmed other plants too, edged and then mowed the lawn.  I also took time to slip the tow dolly behind the gate to keep some eager thief from borrowing it.  Now I'm resting up, sending this message to you and then heading to bed.
Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment