Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kallie comes to visit, fun!

Dear Family and Friends,
This morning Kallie came to visit.  I brought her home after taking Keanna to Brentwood to her summer camp at the gym.  Kallie played nicely and was a total joy to have visit.  She enjoyed the little bottles from Kevin's Ahns wedding, weddings that contained soap for blowing bubbles.  Sylvia had brought a couple bottles for the girls and Kallie found them.  As she tried she learned quickly how to direct her little blows and soon could make scads of bubbles which she directed at me or Starr or the fan.  It was incredibly cute to observe her doing so well with a task that requires motor skills and coordination.  She also played for a long time with the doll house which is not stationed in the living room. Around noon I took her home and she willingly went to bed and slept nearly two hours.  Steve finished his work and arrived home after she had been down for an hour so I was able to come home to work.  It was an honor and a delight to care for her and reminded me of things that are not purchased with money, are not work related, are not vital to anyone other than she and I.  Yet when I tell her she is loved and care for her and listen to her I think I'm investing in the future in a way unlike anything else I do.  It feels good.

This afternoon I was asked to see a house located less than a block from where I live.  The last time I saw it the value was 1.6 million.  This time it will be a lot less due to the nasty economy.  The home is so nicely completed, every piece of workwork is professionally created, stained, the home is a master piece.  It was fun to meet the new owner.  His business is to supply a vast array of parts for vintage T Birds and it is big business.  He has many employees, creates parts in several different countries and has an inventory worth 4.5 million dollars.  Its nice to meet your neighbors and this guy is really nice.

I've been so tired today, I don't know why but I'm heading up to bed right now, yes at 9:30 and sleeping in until I wake up in the morning.  I know I am fighting depression due to the lack of work and mounting stack of bills but having Kallie was a wonderful dose of reality, the real stuff that is precious in life.  At times I just grow very tired of existing and long to have a life again.  Yet we all face challenges, just different for different people and I know God cares, I'm not sure why He should but I still am stubborn enough to believe that He keeps His word and does care.

So I send my love to you dear reader,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment