Friday, July 16, 2010

Under the weather

Good evening

It has been a rough day.  I woke with a raw throat, stuffy head, congested chest and fever.  Since I had work to do I came down and started.  After a bit of breakfast it was back to the office and by early afternoon I had completed a really tough high value one for Discovery Bay.  The carrot held out in front of me was a healthy fee for doing it quickly.  Well I'm still waiting for the carrot but know the person who ordered it I will see it for sure.
Then I started working on a second one that the people suddenly decided during the day they needed this afternoon.  I had commited to helping a friend with a task so I did that and then drove back to continue working.  At 5:35 I finally completed the second report.  It was only will power that kept me in the chair as I felt totally lousy all day, chest tightness, head ache, you know how it feels.
Once the work was completed I just collapsed in the recliner and made some fresh brentwood corn in the microwave, it turned out perfect and enjoyed some more tomatoes, they are so good.
Now its bed time and I'll try a walk with Ken in the morning, not sure how I'll feel then, I hope much better.

It has been a pretty depressing week come to think of it.  I'm not willing to go on like this for ever.  The high points of the week revolve around getting to help with the kidos and the phone calls from friends and family.  Just now I spoke to Jerry and discovered that even in Weed at 4,000 feet it was over 100 today.  That is highly unusual and when I spoke to Art this morning he reported that in Indio it was already 80 at 8 am and heading for 114 today.

So good night to all, hope you are cool and comfortable.
Love
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment