Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kallie goes to Sabbath School

Dear Ones,
This morning I rolled out of bed, picked up Kallie who was dressed in a cute little dress and we went to Sabbath School.  There was just one other child there this morning.  Emily did a great job of leading out and Kallie had a good time.  She is learning to say Amen at the end of prayers and also singing some of the songs.  Once the program was over, the snacks eaten we went to the car and drove to Discovery Bay.  She fell asleep before we reached home so I tried to carefully take her from the car, through the garage, up the stairs and down into her little bed.  I thought I had managed the whole process but 30 minutes later she was awake and crying because she had wanted to go to Papa's house.  Just in time Nikki called to invite us to join the family for lunch in Brentwood.  So we drove in and listened as Keanna talked about her soccer experiences.  She had a good time and her outfit is so cute.  She is growing up so fast and it saddens me, our little Keanna is no more, now she is a school girl.
Once I headed home I became very sleepy and the benedryl I had taken to cope with itching really got up with me.  Once home I started a long nap and had a very hard time waking from it.  I was deep into sleep. 
This evening I had dinner with a friend at the Elephant Bar in Stockton.  The food was great, the service outstanding and the prices very reasonable.  It was a great evening.
Life is totally different than I expected when I would look to my 60s years ago.  I never expected things to be this challenging and unsettled.  Yet there is a loving heavenly Father who watches and cares.  I think Him for the precious joys found in smiling faces of little ones.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment