Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spin class

Good evening friends and family,
Last night I finally kept my word.  I had sensed that for several days I was letting myself slip into old negative patterns of eating too much, too late, staying up too late and losing control of my life.  I woke feeling rough, was sluggish and mentally slow, well slower than usual for me!  So after Jason and Jo left while I was sort of being lazy I spent some time thinking and formulating a start over plan.  A very good feature of weight watchers is to encourage each of us to just start over on a correct path no matter how bad the detour had been.
So in response I've moved away from so much cups of my mocha, more water bottles and back to oatmeal or steel cut oats for breakfast.  I've started eating more green beans, brown rice, fresh tomatoes, non fat cottage cheese and strawberries.  And a nice thing about weight watchers is in addition to the 32 points I am allowed each day I can add points by exercising.  So today I've walked the big 3 with Ken and then this evening ventured out to spin class.  Tonight's teacher was new and that was interesting.  Nikki popped in to class but she is so much stronger than me.  It does not really matter because I'm spinning as fast and strongly as I can and gets benefit and sweat from it.  Then I drove home deciding not to go out to dinner and fired up the grill, made a griller and enjoyed it very much.  A griller is really pretty good food, lots of protein and little fat.
My next goal is to be 200 lbs. At the moment I've been 218.5 for weeks and its time to move on down.  I have several nice jeans and shorts that are size 34.  I'm already down from 38 to 36 and enjoying a host of new things to wear.
Work is very slow right now.  I did get to see a very nice ranch this morning, about 4,000 Sq.Ft. of house on 5 acres in the country west of Brentwood.  Turns out the owners have 6 children of their own and run day care as well.  It was a very happy, noisy group of adults and kids and it is obvious that love rules in the home.  How fun to discover a happy oasis in this world of ours.  It is sort of like finding a beautiful wild flower while hiking or a secret cove when walking the beach.  People caring for each other, a very precious find in a busy life.  It is a nice side to my profession.  I am in many homes each week.  Sometimes the people are cool and distant but usually they can be warmed up with the right questions or comments and turned into instant friends.  God has blessed me with an ability to talk, often too much, but I can sometimes help people by listening to them or sharing a moment in their lives. I often wish I could make a living by just caring for people but at this point I'm sure how that could happen.
I spoke to Marilyn Titherington who lives in Rhode Island, about an hour from Boston, and she reported that the heat has been terrible lately.  They have just one little window AC in their entire house and it is NOT in her room.  I helped her alot by mentioning that our temperature was about 80 and a cool breeze was blowing.  I'm sure that helped cool her frayed nerves, don't you think.  She will be flying west in about 2 weeks to visit.  So I will get a chance to catch up on General Hospital once again!
Lois is keeping my IPOD filled with good books to listen to when I drive places, what a treat that is.  Of course with no work to do I don't drive places so much these days.
I wish for you to have peace, calm, meaning and love in your life.  Take time to linger in nature, listen to good music, not trash but good music that has withstood the tests of time.  It is great and makes life more worth living.

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment