Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a great Sabbath

Just in,
This morning after I strolled around the lake with Ken he offered to back my boat into its normal "side of the house" parking stall. Since Steve and Nikki had the van I was short a tow vehicle.  He backed the trailer in like a pro which is not that easy.  Then I came in the house, had my steel cut oats and took a nap.  I had decided that I wanted to drive down to see the kids who were all in the Santa Cruz area today.  So about noon Marilyn and I left in the bug for the coastal area.  We called and found Nikki and Steve at the flea market, a place they love to go.  Our traffic was pretty awful going down but we arrived and could not reach Nikki and Steve so located their camping site in the Henry Cowell park.  Then we drove to MBA where Jason was working the gate and talked to him for awhile.  Then we went to the house and Timothy came out to greet us.  We had a great visit with Timothy and Jo and had a chance to see his wooden train track, his cars and his new quiet toy for church.  Eventually we said goodbye and then good bye to Jason as the gate and drove back to the campsite where Nikki, STeve, Kallie and Keanna were enjoying just being outdoors.  They had a really cute camp site with fire pit, their tent all set up with plenty of room for all to sleep in and a new puppy they had just adopted from the SPCA.  Tas is a little loving puppy who is healthy, already has a chip and is enjoying the love of all four of them.  We ended staying for dinner and I got to hold Kallie for awhile and interact with Keanna.  Nikki and STeve had all the camping stuff they needed and made a delicious supper which we ate as the darkness approached and the moon came up.
Finally we pulled ourselves away and have just driven back after a great day visiting with some very precious people.  Jo is doing so well with her pregnancy and in about 3 months our newest little lady will arrive.  It is so exciting.
If anyone would have told me about how neat grandchildren were I would have had them sooner, oh wait, it was not up to me.
Good night and love to all, family and friends.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment