Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cranking them out

Dear Family and Friends,
This will be brief tonight.  I'm just back from CostCo and grocery shopping at a cheap store, Food Max.  I sort of know my way around there now and often find good deals.  I get the water from CostCo since they have the sports bottle I like to drink from.  I pretty much keep a bottle at my side at all times and it has helped a lot.
Ken and I walked this morning, then I had a little breakfast on the back deck watching the geese and ducks scurry about.  Then it was the commute to the office, about 15 steps.  During the day I took in two new orders and wrote two that I had already seen.  It felt good to just stay put in the chair and get the work done.  Well actually it never feels good to stay in the chair, after a while I actually have pain from sitting.
Our weather was wonderful today, until mid afternoon it stayed around 70 with breezes to move the air about.
Ray did a very nice thing yesterday.  I mentioned that the door to the motorhome was closing very hard recently and he took a quick look.  Off he went to get something, now how he locates things I don't know but soon he was back and gave the latch a shot of graphite, when he came in the house his hands were shiny black from the slippery stuff but the door closes like butter now, perfect and what a relief as I was thinking new latch etc.  Thanks Ray.
Tomorrow I'm off to Dixon, a funky little town near Highway 80 and below Davis a ways.  I've worked there often and for awhile it was growing rapidly but of course now its hit with foreclosures and short sales like most every other place.  Tomorrow I'm seeing a medium sized home which the young couple are buying from the owner, no realtor involved.  It should be interesting.  Then its back to Discovery Bay to see a home on Frost street for a relocation company.  It is located in a JR Horton development where homes are large, sites are large and REOs dominate.  What once was $600,000 is now selling for about $310,000.  Doing a relocation appraisal there should be very interesting.
Well I'm now heading to bed and as I do so I wish all of you a peaceful night and a prosperous day tomorrow.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment