Saturday, July 3, 2010

Family give meaning to life

Dear Family and Friends,
I think the photo will say a lot about the day.  I picked up Kallie at 9 this morning and we drove to Sabbath School where for a while she was the only participant, then a little girl named Faith joined us.  Emily did a great job as usual, she is a natural born grandmother and finally getting to ply her talents with Luke.
Jason and Jo joined us during church and then we went to lunch with the newlyweds, Kevin and his new bride as of Thursday and Sylvia.  As usual Sylvia is marvelous with little ones and had them over watching the nice fish tank a couple times and then outside to blow bubbles in the breezes.  The food was great and it was a nice time to catch up with family and friends.  Kallie ate little but had water and drank her milk.  By the time we left she was sleepy and feel asleep quickly in the car.  Once we arrived home even though I carried her as well as I could upstairs to her little bed in 5 minutes she was up and had joined the party.
Jason, Jo and Timothy had arrived a minute before we did.  Once inside I found the cool morning breezes had been replaced with 84 degree heat.  The central AC quickly pulled that down to a comfortable level and we spent most of our time indoors.  Jason and I did move the paddle boat around to the water again and in the morning we've promised Timothy a ride on the lake.  It seems only yesterday that Jason and I would be paddling the boat or taking the canoe out with he being just a little boy.
Later this afternoon after Jo had a little nap in the motorhome and Jason and I relaxed indoors Nikki arrived with Keanna.  They were happy and glad to be out of the sun after a day at the fair in Pleasanton.  The three kidos played very nicely together all afternoon with Keanna taking the lead at times.  Timothy and Kallie were very kind to each other and played well.
Kallie asked me if we could make music, she meant could she play the piano.  I was pleasantly surprised that neither she or Timothy banged on the keys, rather they attempted to play and had a lot of fun several different times playing on the piano.  Later Jason took a turn and demonstrated his mastery of the keyboard, watch for his album in the fall!
Finally it came time for Nikki to take her girls home and Jason and Jo left for an evening out at the Streets of Brentwood.  That left Timothy and I to fend for ourselves.  He asked for a snack and so he had pieces of peach.  I could not believe how much he ate.  We watched some episodes of Clifford the Big Red Dog and then he brushed his teeth and I put him to bed in a guest room.  We read books, sang songs and had prayer and then he was out.  What a precious little man he is.
Now Jason and Jo are settled into the motorhome and I hope they find it comfortable and have a good night.  I'm heading to bed also but I've not kept my room cooled today so it is a bit warm though the night is cooling down fast outside.
The joy of having both Jason and Nikki with their kidos here was intense.  Steve was enjoying a day free from the daddy day care role he often plays and Jo was relaxing and trying to get comfortable as she is well into an exciting pregnancy, a little girl to arrive in the fall.
So I got to bed tonight a happy man, yes I know Nan would have just loved this day and I remember that with fondness.  We would have loved to have her here too.
So we send our love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment