Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Transitions

Welcome aboard

This evening as we cruise along I see we are approaching a dock up ahead, our voyage today has included a walk with the dogs to the park, then a brief time with the girls as I delivered them to their places.  Since I was already at the club this morning I stayed and did a workout on the machines. Then I came home only to fall asleep in my work chair.  Ray and Lois tempted me over to their place for some wonderful banana bread and then it was time to drive to Brentwood to collect Keanna from day camp at the club.  As I approached the door the person in charge began to rave about Keanna and said they had put her in charge of the other children since she gave orders so well, oh boy did that take me back to yet another blond who sure could dish out the orders and loved to be in charge!

We hit up MacDonalds, can I rant for a minute, wait it is my blog, yes I can rant.  The person taking our order had almost no working English and once we had our simple order we discovered it to be wrong so we drove around and tried again this time getting a woman who also had very poor English.  Frankly it did not set well with me  Learn language before you deal directly with the public!

Once we got home Keanna began to work on a drawing that I had downloaded from a grand parent site on the Internet and I went back to work.  One Jello and one bag of popcorn later her mother arrived with Kallie who was full of excitement and had a big hug for papa.

Then I went back to work but mid evening Nikki called to lure me out to UNO's pizza in Antioch.  I'm just back and it was so tasty, the company was so fun with Steve, Nikki, Keanna and Kallie all in great moods.  Steve was reading a copy of the constitution of the United States and commented from time to time on how far we have drifted from what the founding fathers had in mind for our country.

Tonight I am really going to go to bed early, in fact I'm heading up when I complete the blog, no more late stuff, I just can't function.

It has been an interesting transition today, from leisure and warm fellowship with family back to making a living, yet both are important.  One of the people I deal with is a lady named Gina who ordered appraisals for a loan corporation.  We have come to share some moments in our life with each other and she was very delighted that I had the family here over the 4th.  She shared that so many bad things have happened to their family on or around the 4th that for them it is a dark time.    This thing we call life is certainly no picnic.  Between the challenges of building and maintaining relationships, of making sure there is a financial basis on which we can live, of finding a balance between living and working, of keeping our faith intact in spite of constant blows that hit us.  Life is tough and life is wonderful too.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment