Monday, July 26, 2010

A nice cool day, lots of work done, Marilyn makes great dinner

Dear Family and Friends,
Some days just work out better than others.  This has been one of the good ones.  Many of you know that guys tend to base much of their feelings on whether they get work accomplished or not, when we fiddle around all day and have nothing to show for the day we tend to feel it was wasted, which of course is exactly what it is, wasted.
Ken and I trooped our 3 miles this morning in wonderful cool air.  Then I hit the showers and came down to see anxious messages on my screen, where is the rush appraisal from Discovery Bay.  At first I thought that it was done but then I started digging and found it deep in my briefcase.  It had been due last Thursday, no wonder they were anxious.  Well what to do, I had to leave for an appointment in Lafayette within 1/2 hour.  I called the homeowner and she graciously allowed us to move the appointment to 4 this afternoon.  That allowed me time to do the value checks, the fixes and to write two appraisals before leaving.  It was wonderful.  I settled into writing mode and cranked both of them out, emailed them to the management company and then left on time at 3.  By then the mail had brought payment for 3 reports which I deposited on my way out of town.  The drive was uneventful to Lafayette and the GPS delivered me right to the door.  The home was beautiful, had a pebbletec pool and spa, great landscaping and a nice wake board boat in the driveway.  It took about an hour to get the work done and then I headed home using the backroads.  Even though the speed is only 45 the drive is nice through the hills and there are no traffic jams.  Marilyn had dinner ready and it was excellent.  So good.
Even though I don't feel perfect yet I'm much better and having this work under my belt brings great satisfaction to my little heart.
As it cools down I'll go out and mow the front lawn which is approaching run away heights and be through for the night.
As I just checked the computer I found a new order for a review which I can do tomorrow and I can write up the property I saw this evening.  While I wish the volume of work was much greater still some is better than none.
I've spent some time thinking about how nice it would be to be in a relationship, to have someone to share dreams and hopes, to have someone who cared share advice.  It would be nice.  And to promote the possibilities I sort of joined E Harmony.  So far I've not spent any money and of course the contacts are limited until one makes the plunge and signs up for real.  Still it is interesting.

Well enough for tonight,

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment