Monday, July 12, 2010

Highlights of Trip to See Timothy

Dear Family and Friends,

Here are some photos that partially capture the wonder of grandchildren:

Timothy prepares to blow out the camdle as his admiring friend looks on!

Jo, Timothy and Jason

Children gather around newest family member, Fin

Kallie checks out Fin the goldfish

Keanna and Kallie enjoy the party

Remembering back to when Timothy was just a little guy with his Grammy

This morning I woke up at about 7, felt rested and relaxed, the motorhome does that to me. I jumped up and the three of us, Starr, Lady and me went to see the sights on the side yard.  Then we began to prepare the motorhome for departure.  Soon everything was secured and I backed out onto the road, started and loaded the bug, told Jason and Timothy goodbye and started out but nothing happened.  I pushed harder on the pedal and we began to move slowly forward, suddenly I remembered, the hand brake was set in the bug and I was dragging the rear tires.  After releasing the brakes it moved much easier.  I came home over 17 which is always a challenge in the motorhome.  The lanes are narrow, the climb is steep, the traffic is intense but I just took it easy and before long I was on the flat passing through San Jose.  On Mission I stopped for a burrito at Taco Bell.  I discovered that finding a place to park the motorhome with the bug behind was a challenge.  With brunch behind me we set out for home and arrived without any problems around 12:30.  I took time to unload the bug, then put the trailer away behind the fence, unload the frig and personal items and then came in to work in the office.  With great expectation I took Saturdays mail from the box and found an amazing $5.00 waiting.  That was a major letdown.  At 2 I remembered to go out to check for today's mail and found two envelops that looked promising.  Full payment for 4 appraisals!  So I was able to pay several pressing bills including a PG&E that wanted immediate payment.  It was a lift to my spirits to find money just when I needed it once again.
At 4pm today I headed to San Mateo, had no traffic, smooth sailing and Lois had downloaded a very interesting book onto the IPOD.  The IPOD is an amazing device and plays the books so effortlessly.  It made the trip there and back enjoyable.  The house I inspected was clean, full of color, flowers and plants, updated and very impressive.  The comparable properties were all within a few blocks and this one will be easy for a change.
Now its time to head to bed.  The trip was a wonderful reminder that I have much to be thankful for.  While it would be nice to have a companion to travel with in the motorhome until that time I'll just be content with the world I now have.  I enjoy time spent with all my kids and little kidos.  They are all very precious and give me great joy.
Tonight I'm thankful to be home once again and to have had such an uneventful trip both ways.  The tow dolly adds versatility to motorhome travel.  Now I can not only get there to camp  or park but I am not stuck in the motorhome, I am free to explore in the bug once I'm there.  Its nice.
Here's to a great week for you, for me as we try to live our lives in a manner that pleases our Heavenly Father.  Love to each and every one of you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment