Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Living life at a lower volume

Good evening
Well here I am again preparing to share my day with you.  Lets talk about the best part, that was this evening when Nikki and the girls joined me for dinner at the Boardwalk, our local place nestled by the harbor.  We all enjoyed our meals and the time to catch up on the days activities.  Things are exciting for Nikki at work right now, Steve has been wrestling with Kallie as the baby sitter is on vacation this week and next, Keanna has been at the Black Diamond Gymnastics Center for day camp from 9 to 4 every day and I've been out seeing houses today.

I started this morning with a brisk walk with Ken, then prepared for a trip to Dixson where I inspected a nice house.  The husband is a guard at San Quentin and there were two little kidos at the house.  Mom was an interesting person and very outgoing, had a nice visit there.  Then it was back to Discovery Bay for another inspection on a very warm afternoon.  The home was large and in perfect condition, the people very pleasant and moving to Kansas City.  He trains engineers for the railroad, a different railroad than my brother Jerry worked for for so many years.

Once I got home the phone rang and it was Nikki tempting me out for dinner, I tempt easy.  Once the meal was over and the girls headed home then I came home to mow the lawn and edge it and the evening ended with banana bread over at Ray and Lois's house.  It was so good.

Now its bedtime.  Tomorrow is my turn at caring for Kallie so Steve can do some of his other work that needs to be completed.  I'll take Keanna to camp and then Kallie and I will come back to her house where she can play and I can work with the laptop a bit working on appraisals.  Kallie will nap around noon.  Somehow it seems only fair that I take my turn with her and give Steve a break.  She is at that time, a 2 year old, when she wants to do what she wants and has a hard time accepting any other plan than her own.  Makes for interesting moments.

I'm once again praying for work.  Once I complete the two I inspected today I'm out of work once again.  Oh well I still can sleep fine.

The title of tonight's blog was based on some thinking I was doing today.  For my adult life I've lived with Nan and we had an active life of travel, church friends, watching TV, sipping hot drinks together in the morning, just chatting about ideas and plans, taking motorhome trips, looking forward to visitors from Texas and we were very involved in our kids lives lending support where we could.  Now it seems I live on a much less interesting level, little social interaction other than with the kids and their kids, no thoughts of a vacation or any interesting projects, no special meals to look forward to.  Its like someone turned the volume down on life.  The best I can say is, its OK instead of great which is how I describe how life used to be.  It was a moment of sadness for me.  Its just the way it is.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment