Tuesday, August 10, 2010

62 and loving it so far

Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you for the many birthday greetings that have come through Face Book today.  I am overwhelmed by the warmth and caring expressed there and in other email cards and cards in the mail.  After periods of feeling pretty well alone this day and its affirmations has been very sweet.

Ken and I walked this morning, then it was back to work.  An order had come in last night so I made the appointment and Marilyn and I drove there this afternoon at 2:40 to see the house.  She read in the shade while I worked, its OK, I made money and she read in the shade. 

For lunch we had gone to Red Robin where an email had promised a free burger.  It was great and I had a side salad with it but no fries.  After reading about how loaded fries are with bad stuff we both decided to forgo them and be good for a change salads.  But after the meal they brought me this wonderful hot fudge sundae.  Now we are talking pretty good stuff.  Oh my, about 900 calories I think.

This evening Nikki invited us over for dinner.  She made the most delicious dinner with everything I love.  What a feast and I got to bring the rest home afterwards, more great news.  The girls were in a happy mood, sang to me, performed musical numbers and were a total delight.  Having little people in my life means so much, especially at a time when many things seem up for grabs, the little ones ground me to what is really important and I thank God for my kids and their kids.

This morning a very special friend appeared at my door at about 8:30, now mind you she lives a ways away and it was so surprising and exciting to see her.  She brought some very beautiful balloons, share a very special prayer with me and was just a total inspiration.  It warmed my heart so much.  There are friends who really care.  Wow.

The one thing I had thought would be nice to get for a gift for my birthday was head bands, to control the sweat when I'm working out and don't really want to wear a hat.  Marilyn gave me two today, thank you Marilyn for that special gift.  The girls had prepared some special pictures for me and even made a card.  These were tucked into a birthday card.  Talk about special.

So I've shared some photos from today.  You see Lady and Starr, beautiful balloons from this morning and Kallie and Keanna this evening fresh from their baths and full of energy and love.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment