Monday, August 23, 2010

A very long day but enjoyable

Dear Family and Friends,
Marilyn and I are just back from seeing a property at Valley Springs, a small community set in the foothills near Lake Hogan.  As we neared the little town it brought back many memories from the past.  When I was a pastor in Tracy we used to take the boat with teenagers every week for water skiing at the lake.  Often Roxanna would bring her boat as well and many young people learned to ski due to those trips.  Since we went during the week we often had the lake nearly to ourselves and it was ideal.  It was about 1 hour from Tracy and we made a day of it often.
Today the object of the trip was to see a little ranchette located way up in the foothills.  It has a view which extends all the way to Mt Diablo if the day is clear.  It took hours to find all the sales and listings which were located on little streets and roads all over the place.  We finally shot the last photo as the sun was setting.  Frankly I was delighted to have the order to see the property.  It came from an agent who is working with my brother on his refi up in Weed.  Jerry told him about me and I ended up with the order.  Small world indeed.
We are both rather tired this evening after hours spent in the car following this road and that road but we found all the properties eventually.  My GPS helped with most and maps solved the rest of the puzzles.  Our dinner was Taco Bell in Valley Springs and it tasted great.
This morning I got to help with the girls. They both woke up rested and very happy, we had fun as I prepared a simple breakfast and even delivered them early to their respective places.
A check arrived today which will probably allow me to make the July house payment.  I'm receiving a variety of opinions regarding whether I should make the payment or not, some wisely say that if I don't make the payment the loan company is more likely to modify the loan and payment, others warn of missing payments which has a bad effect on the credit records.  I'm not foolish but if I can make the payment then I think I will.  I do have to keep an eye on upcoming expenses which there may be no money to cover, that is a huge concern.  The lady at PNC mortgage was very kind and helpful but of course could not tell me not to make the payments.  I'll have to do a bunch of praying over this issue to try to get clarity.

Do you have an opinion?  my email address is timmustard@yahoo.com and I'd be very glad to hear from you.
This evening a text came in, it was so precious, Timothy was texting to say, "goodnight papa".  Now is that a great use of technology or what!

Sorry to report there were no new orders today, lots of best intentions but NO orders.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment