Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our weather is so perfect

Dear Family and Friends,
The weather has just been amazing today and I've been out in it quite a bit.  Keanna has entered the wonderful world of soccer and played in her second game today.  While some might wonder why I would prefer attending a soccer game instead of sitting in church for me its pretty easy.  In life words are easy to mouth, easy to use, words like family comes first, investing in little people is always the right thing to do, etc.  At this point in time Nikki and Steve have decided to expose Keanna to soccer, she has her little uniform, shin protectors, special shoes and outfit.  She is going to practice several times a week and plays on Saturday morning.  Games times range from 8:30 to something past noon.  The games are played in Brentwood on a field created next to a new shopping mall and there can be at least 4 games played at the same time due to the huge size of the fields.

Today Keanna's team, Lucky Charms, were down two goals when they started to play better as a team and for the last quarter Keanna was goalie.  Well this is a proud Papa writing but she did pretty well for her second game ever.  She hustled back and forth grabbing the ball again and again once it got into her area.  The coach told her she made three saves and her team went on to get more goals, 3 to 2.  Last week they lost 8 to 0.  Keanna is playing better and is the smallest little girl on the field but she is fast and quick so she gets her kicks in.  We were all yelling like made encouragement to her and she could hear us I know.  It was a super experience for all of us, Steve, Nikki, Marilyn, Kallie and Papa as we sat lined up in our chairs in the sun.  While I love to take the girls to their Sabbath School programs and I believe that is a very good experience right now I've decided to be there for Keanna, every week she asks me if I can come, will I be there and I love it, the chance to be in such a precious little life where people are everything.

As we move through life we constantly encounter forks in the road where choices have to be made, many of the decisions are fraught with uncertainty but they still have to be made.  As Marilyn and I were munching our food from In N Out Burger under a shade tree and talking through what I should do to try to reduce the cost of living the motorhome came up for discussion.  A friend had pointed out a web site that helps people rent their motorhomes out for several weeks a year.  I have visited that web site and frankly I'm going to give it a try.  I have decided that either I rent the coach out or it must be sold.  It is a luxury that I cannot afford at this point in my life.  Few of you will understand what a bitter pill that is as I dearly love the motorhome, the freedom it offers, the joy it brings to me and the chance to travel in safety and comfort.  However something, in fact many somethings have to give and everything in my monthly budget is up for review.  That is not a hardship but a reality, millions of people are doing it all the time.  Steve spoke to me today about taking the 92 gallon reef (salt water) tank off my hands.  I've never learned how to keep it pristine clean like Steve does his tanks and it costs me quite a bit every month for the power that runs the two pumps, the light, the chiller and there is money for frozen fish food as well, plus money for salt water to do water exchanges.  It is the loss of a memory for me, Nan loved her tank and she and Steve became experts on the keeping of salt water fish.  It was her passion and I have kept it going out of love for her but its time to move forward and do what is vital for now.  Steve has a huge tank that a homeowner gave me one day at an inspection.  It is a huge beautiful tank that he has never been able to set up.  With the fish and live rock from my tank, the light and the pumps he will have a start on his new tank and I know what his tanks look like, they are so beautiful they remind you of diving in Hawaii or even better.
I'm learning about myself that part of the reason I hate change so much is I'm stubborn, unwilling to dream new dreams, accept new realities and take risks.  Does that sound familiar to any of you?  Do you hate change?  Uncertainties?  Risk?
Life is this huge risk, chance, gamble and we all have to face it, move forward into it, keep renewing it.

So hold on for the adventure to come!

love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment