Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Great Break at Jason and Jo's Home at MBA

Dear Family and Friends,

Since it is nearly midnight this will be short and mostly photos.  I'm home after a wonderful relaxing and meaningful trip.  The weather was heavenly, just enough sun, light breezes, fog and cool air.  The food was great and both Jo and Jason prepared different meals.
I arrived Friday afternoon with fraying nerves and a lot of negative thoughts, so much has happened over the last few years and a lot of it has been pretty awful.  Well I sense the trend is not quite over yet but this weekend sure gave it a good break.
Once I was on site I backed in with Jason guiding me, then using the automatic levelers I brought the coach to a nearly perfect level and proceeded to open the slide, unfasten the chairs, turn the front captain chairs around, plug in the electrical power and Jason brought a hose for water pressure.  I was set.  The frig switched over to electrical power from gas, the water heater began to heat water for showers and such and the furnace began to fight the chilly air.  The dogs were very delighted to be on the road and enjoyed their walks on the huge yard.
Timothy was ready to greet me but later became very ill.  Fortunately the next morning he was up and healthy again.  We lunched at a very good tasting and very slow preparing pizza place in Scotts Valley and enjoyed the day.  It ended with special friends of Jason and Jo's coming over, they are always fun to see.  For dinner Jo prepared egg plant parm, oh so good, I mean great.  Then for breakfast this morning Jason made some vegan waffles which were very good and hearty.
Once breakfast was over we set to work removing a section of vinyl at the entry, stripping away all the glue and got it ready to sand and then stain as natural hardwood.  It will look great, sure better than the 20 year old vinyl that was down.
Finally it was time to consider leaving which always makes my heart heavy.  I love my kids, they are great individuals and are a delight to be with, all of them and so I finally drove out to head home.  The motorhome did a great job of the trip with a perfect performance.
This evening I've restrained myself to stay in the chair and write an appraisal that is due.  Now it is completed and emailed to the lender.  Feels good to have it finished as it was a tough one.  Small ranchette with 8 comparables.  I hope they see things my way, I've written a good report.

Well here are few photos,  love to all of you, please include me in your prayers, I don't know what this week holds but I hope it holds some orders, please Lord touch the hearts of lenders and help them to remember Steve and me.  And speaking of Steve, I've got the girls in the morning so this will be a short night!

Tim

Be sure to see Jo, she is so active in spite of being pregnant.  See how Timothy is growing.  The kite was something Jason brought to the beach and everyone enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment