Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Progress, Saint Marilyn rules........

Dear Friends,
This afternoon Marilyn completed the process of putting the checks into the system.  Having that completed means I was able to run statements in an effort to discover who still owes money for past work.  Turns out it is over $5,000 that is owed presently for work already completed and shipped out.  I have all those statements printed, folded and inserted into envelopes, stamped and ready to mail out.  What a blessing it is to know where I stand financially instead of just guessing and not able to bill anyone.  She has worked tirelessly in a less than comfortable office and I thank her for her efforts.

After walking the three miles this morning with Ken I had a local inspection.  It was one of those homes that you would just love to move into.  5 acres of orchards, inground pool, wonderful pool house, barn, perfect landscaping and well appointed home.  Wow is all I can say.  It was a real delight to inspect it and meet the owner who does something with photoelectric cells and obviously has made a success of it. 

The papers are just about ready to be sent to the mortgage company to seek a loan adjustment, yes I know it could take 12 weeks but one has to start somewhere and at some point in time.

Late this afternoon a friend who has been in the mortgage business for many years called to ask if I was still in the business.  She said many of her appraiser friends have quit totally.  Once I confirmed that yes I'm still in the business she said that the contact she uses to process her loans ask her for the names of three appraisers she trusted and promised that they would use one of the three for all of her loans.  So she wanted to submit my name.  In the morning I'll start the process of getting on their list.  I'm on so many lists now that if everyone of them would order one report a week I'd be way too busy, wouldn't that be nice!

This evening Marilyn said she thought someone was at the door so I checked and there was a very nice lady there, in fact a young couple who were interested in the motorhome so I went out, turned on the lights and let them see it.  They are selling their van conversion in fact listing it tonight on EBay and hope to be able to purchase something else.  They can't afford what the motorhome is really worth but my lender has already said they would take a short sale so tomorrow I'll call and find out if they are serious.  Who knows the motorhome might be gone sooner than later.  I cancelled the storage place today saving $75 a month in the process.

Poor little Starr is failing so fast these days.  My dear little pug has trouble moving around, her hind legs do not work well sometimes.  I don't know if I should take her for walks or let her rest.  It breaks my heart to think of losing her, she is such a special buddy and I love her like she was a human being.

Well thats about it for tonight,  sending love to all

Tim
If I knew how to rotate the photo I would.  This is Starr in her younger days.

No comments:

Post a Comment