Sunday, August 8, 2010

Crash

Dear Family and Friends
This evening I'm writing on the little laptop as my main computer decided to stop working about an hour ago.  Jim, my faithful IT guy has been working by remote to try to get it working again and I've been saying prayers in hopes I can be able to use it again so I can finish my work.  I depend on it for nearly everything and sure hope I don't need to replace it right now.
For the last few minutes it is just hung up, not doing anything but the screen is up and the harddrive appears to be working.
I had just completed a report and was starting to put in the photos when things froze up.  Then when I did a warm boot it would not start up again, over and over I tried but it would not come back, then I called Jim and he was able to guide me through different commands and suddenly it was back again, but I don't think it is back, really back yet.  I have to be in Marin county in the morning at 10 to see a house and I need to do research first.  Perhaps I can use the laptop, I'm not sure if I can or not but this is just another hitch in a challenging life.  It happens, no more smooth sailing at least for awhile.

This morning I drove to Union City and inspected a interesting property.  The owners have enjoyed their little court located home for years, have a family room addition, a pool and spa and recently constructed an inlaw unit to the side of the house.  It is so cute, tiny living room, tiny kitchen, bedroom with nice bathroom, slider to its own patio, just very nice.  So my challenge is to do the entire property justice for them.  After I completed the inspection I was experiencing low blood sugar so I went in search of food.  I found Fuddruckers, a burger place and they make a wonderful garden burger which I enjoyed very much.

Then I drove to Tracy where the bug got an oil change.  When I pulled in the young guy told me, no they could not help, they were out of oil filters,  I had drive a long way so asked if I could go buy an oil filter, they said yes so I did that and had them change the oil.  The engine is much smoother now.  Could I afford it, no but could I afford to let the bug die, no no.

Once I came home I went to work on an appraisal that is due tomorrow.  Now my ability to complete it is in question. 

Our weather continues to be pleasant but Jason says they have gone for many days with overcast, only one day of sun.  He says that if our weather were hot then he would have heavy fog which would burn off during the day.  So far that has not happened this summer.

Well here comes a new week.  What great things are going to happen this week?  I can't wait to find out.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment