Friday, August 13, 2010

Pushing paper, looking for work!

Good evening,
This has been a day of working through mounds of paper, managing to land on at least three management company approved lists, cleaning up details, faxing and emailing proof of errors and omissions to clients and searching for orders.  Finally late this afternoon an honest to goodness order arrived pushing the weekly total up to an amazing 3.  This one is located nearby in Byron but when I read the order it said it had been ordered on the 7th and was due back the 11th.  Well therein lies a problem. Today is the 13th, not the 7th.  There is this huge layer of busy people pushing paper, talking to each other and they do not help the system in any way.  They stand between the people who need to order reports and the people who do the reports and charge a small fortune for paying the orders from one side to the other.  One company is holding up my approval since I have a tax lien from the state over a very small tax amount.

Oh how maddening this whole process is.  Meanwhile it is the 13th and another day without money in the mail.  I despair about when money will ever come again even though I've been busy for the last few weeks writing reports, the pay might be 45 days away still.  I was so unsure of where to turn this morning, of how to proceed, I just felt the weight of the whole world at least my little world pushing down on me.  Eventually I fried some eggs and made good wheat toast, had grapes and juice and started in on the pile of paper that has grown.  Whatever came up next I faced it and solved it.  There were some quick results.  I took an hour filling out paperwork for AMCSS, a management company that looked like it has its act together and about an hour later an email came back saying I was approved, that was nice.  I finished the paperwork for obtaining $63 the state has of mine, Phyllis pointed it out to me long ago and I'm finally getting all the documents filled out and out the door.  I made my kids the recipients of the life insurance policy which is substantial, it went to Nan before.  I just kept wading until at this point I'm near the bottom of the stack.

Meanwhile Marilyn had taken up her post in the lower office and began to work on the files.  By this afternoon she had nearly worked her way through the entire stack of paperwork.  She loves to file and really did a great job of it.  I miss Loree so much but of course with the tiny volume of work I'm doing I can't afford to have her help anymore.

This evening we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory with the girls.  Now that was fun.  In fact so fun I've included a couple photos of our time there.  So a tough day ended well.

I'm still not sure how to process what is taking place, I do not want to over react nor do I want to be complacent.  I think the coming week will help things become more clear.

For now its Sabbath and we can just put away lots of this scary stuff and rest in Him.

Love to all and thanks for your many FB birthday greetings and cards.  I appreciate every one of them very much.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment