Friday, August 27, 2010

perspective

Dear Family and Friends,
Some days work out better than others.  Not having the kidos this morning I ventured out for a walk.  I wish I could tell you it was perfect, not so, it was warm and I have a strange pain in my left leg but I made it back.  Mary called to tell me she was home and I could come obtain the photos she had taken of me the other day in Brentwood.  I wanted them for EHarmony.  So I drove over to her house here in Discovery Bay west and ended up showing her how to download photos and then I taught her how to attach photos to an email.  It was a fun time and she is a quick learner.
Once I came home the mail had arrived.  I received 8 letters from the mortgage company today letting me know I was a dead beat and better pay up soon or they were coming for the house.  Can you imagine, 8 letters all saying the very same thing.  I had a much better experience with them on the phone yesterday when i agreed to try to pay the house payment by the 31st.  Also in todays mail was a letter from a law office.  Turns out Downey Savings had a loan go bad, one that we did the appraisal for in 2005 and they are coming after me for the money they lost.  I was pretty concerned until I opened the appraisal and got a close look.  It is bullet proof, 4 comps, all in the neighborhood, all same age, all same size and all were recent sales at the time.  I'll turn it over to the E&O insurance but it was still very unnerving.  First time in 23 years of business and almost 30,000 reports.
So instead of giving in to my feelings of inadequacy I settle down and went to work.  By 6 I had finished an appraisal for Sierra Pacific Home Loans.  It is unfortunately the last one I will receive from my friend Gina as she no longer will be ordering reports, its gone to a management company and although I'm approved with them I have no orders to show for it.
This evening I had dinner with a friend in Stockton and now I'm home winding up the day.  I just can't say enough about how wonderful it is to have friends and family reach out and really care.  That is a blessing.

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment